Talk

Advanced search

Good present for someone moving abroad?

(10 Posts)
neepsntatties Mon 20-Jun-11 20:00:41

she's going to hong kong. Figure people are trying to get rid of stuff but want to get her something. Did anyone get a really great present before they left?

iskra Mon 20-Jun-11 20:07:39

How old are her children if any? My SIL is moving to HK, been thinking about gear for babies in hot climates - sun shades or gauze slings. Not v exciting! Or a guide book...?

lulalullabye Tue 21-Jun-11 05:29:23

My friends made me a photo album of all the kids pics over the past few years and a few girls night out pics. I loved it and it was the best present ever!!!

acatcalledbob Tue 21-Jun-11 06:40:17

Agree, photo album is great, or a digital photo frame with pics pre-loaded. And not just people, but photos of local places etc.

neepsntatties Tue 21-Jun-11 08:07:54

No children at all. I don't have any photos of her either as we only met recenty. She was my maternity cover and has done a great job and wanted to say thank you to her for that. I think if she had stayed we would have been good friends and plan to stay in touch.

Portofino Tue 21-Jun-11 08:17:38

Decent travel guide book?

RossettiConfetti Tue 21-Jun-11 08:36:23

I second a good travel guide book, to Hong Kong or the region.

Or something personal about the life she's leaving behind in the UK - a framed print or arty photo of the city or town she's from, for example. When you move to a new place, in a new country, one of the things that makes your new house a home most quickly is pictures on the wall.

Or how about a new address book?

shellybr Tue 21-Jun-11 10:48:41

When I was leaving my friends got me a couple of charms for my Pandora to remember them. Another friend gave me a little necklace.

eslteacher Tue 21-Jun-11 20:33:00

Maybe it's just me, but I've always hankered after a nice set of luggage tags / travel document-holder. They're not the kind of thing I'd buy myself, but living in another country and travelling back and forth a good few times a year for visits etc it's something I'd quite like to have.

neepsntatties Wed 22-Jun-11 18:13:34

Love the tag idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now