Talk

Advanced search

Good present for someone moving abroad?

(10 Posts)
neepsntatties Mon 20-Jun-11 20:00:41

she's going to hong kong. Figure people are trying to get rid of stuff but want to get her something. Did anyone get a really great present before they left?

iskra Mon 20-Jun-11 20:07:39

How old are her children if any? My SIL is moving to HK, been thinking about gear for babies in hot climates - sun shades or gauze slings. Not v exciting! Or a guide book...?

lulalullabye Tue 21-Jun-11 05:29:23

My friends made me a photo album of all the kids pics over the past few years and a few girls night out pics. I loved it and it was the best present ever!!!

acatcalledbob Tue 21-Jun-11 06:40:17

Agree, photo album is great, or a digital photo frame with pics pre-loaded. And not just people, but photos of local places etc.

neepsntatties Tue 21-Jun-11 08:07:54

No children at all. I don't have any photos of her either as we only met recenty. She was my maternity cover and has done a great job and wanted to say thank you to her for that. I think if she had stayed we would have been good friends and plan to stay in touch.

Portofino Tue 21-Jun-11 08:17:38

Decent travel guide book?

RossettiConfetti Tue 21-Jun-11 08:36:23

I second a good travel guide book, to Hong Kong or the region.

Or something personal about the life she's leaving behind in the UK - a framed print or arty photo of the city or town she's from, for example. When you move to a new place, in a new country, one of the things that makes your new house a home most quickly is pictures on the wall.

Or how about a new address book?

shellybr Tue 21-Jun-11 10:48:41

When I was leaving my friends got me a couple of charms for my Pandora to remember them. Another friend gave me a little necklace.

eslteacher Tue 21-Jun-11 20:33:00

Maybe it's just me, but I've always hankered after a nice set of luggage tags / travel document-holder. They're not the kind of thing I'd buy myself, but living in another country and travelling back and forth a good few times a year for visits etc it's something I'd quite like to have.

neepsntatties Wed 22-Jun-11 18:13:34

Love the tag idea!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: