Talk

Advanced search

Where to live around Valencia?

(7 Posts)
Fleecy Wed 15-Jun-11 10:18:51

We're thinking of moving to Spain next year - our DC are currently 4 and 3 with another one on the way in October. We'd like to be within 30 mins drive of Valencia and need a pretty reliable internet connection as we're both freelance and will continue to work from home as usual. The DC will be going to local schools so somewhere with decent schools would be a bonus!

Can anyone recommend a good area? We're coming over for a recce in the spring with a view to moving over in the summer but would like to start making plans and researching now.

Fleecy Wed 15-Jun-11 19:05:26

Bump...

Fleecy Wed 15-Jun-11 22:20:39

A final bump - surely someone on MN lives in the area? grin

alwayshasbeen Wed 15-Jun-11 22:40:13

I've been here (Valencia city) for 8 years and love it, lliria is about a 20min drive from Valencia and has an English supermarket these are good sites for flats www.idealista.com and www.fotocasa.es

All of my children have been to Spanish state schools (both primary and secondary) and I've found them very good in terms of class size, teaching methods etc.

Fleecy Thu 16-Jun-11 09:57:08

Thanks! We wondered about Lliria as it's so close and big enough to have facilities.

Also wondered about Vilamarxant, Chiva etc down to Monserrat and Montroy but it's hard to get a feel for these places without having a good scout around.

Spainsburys is a brilliant name! I will check those sites out for accommodation - thanks for your reassurance on schools.

It's exciting to think we could be over in a year but daunting too so I'm trying to do as much research as possible in readiness.

alwayshasbeen Thu 16-Jun-11 13:37:50

You're welcome, I would also recommend getting your N.I.E. number before you come (http://spain.embassyhomepage.com/) as you need it for everything and I had to queue for 3 hours to get mine!

L'eliana is also supoosed to be nice, as is vilamarxant, but i don't know Chiva, monserrat etc.

Good luck with everything, i'm sure you'll love it once you're here

Fleecy Thu 16-Jun-11 21:07:51

We are joining an English/Spanish church in Valencia that belongs to the same group as our church here so I'm hoping they'll be able to help point us in the right direction to buy a car quickly and all that sort of thing. It's hard to know who to trust!

I gather we should learn to be patient with queues as a way of life smile

Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now