Talk

Advanced search

advice needed please! has anyone lived in nairobi??

(9 Posts)
MurphyWasAnOptimist Wed 01-Jun-11 14:37:44

(copied from chat on advice of a poster)

We need to make a call on a possible job offer there in next 2 weeks. Any info will be very helpful.

Thanks!

Themasterandmargaritas Wed 01-Jun-11 14:51:52

Yes I am here, happy to help. It's probably best to PM me.

BlameItOnTheBogey Wed 01-Jun-11 14:59:31

Also here - but TMAM has been here much longer than me and is my font of all knowledge even after 9 months in country (DS would not actually be having a birthday party this weekend if TMAM hadn't basically told me how to organise the whole thing!) But happy to help if I can. We love it here.

Themasterandmargaritas Wed 01-Jun-11 15:04:50

grin

Shouldn't you be, you know, baking birthday cakes and stuff given that it is a public holiday and not be on MN? wink

We also love it here.

BlameItOnTheBogey Wed 01-Jun-11 15:07:04

Gulp. Yes. Although party bags are now sorted thanks to your fantastic idea about books. DH called you supermum...

Themasterandmargaritas Wed 01-Jun-11 15:13:38

Tell him I'm good on parties, hopeless on geography history maths homework. grin

MurphyWasAnOptimist Wed 01-Jun-11 15:19:34

Ah, that's why our Nairobi office is shut!

Thanks - will PM you both if that's OK!

Themasterandmargaritas Wed 01-Jun-11 15:39:11

Yes do PM us both, we can offer different perspectives. smile

MurphyWasAnOptimist Wed 01-Jun-11 15:41:48

Just did smile

Thanks again. Getting an insider's perspective is so important. I'm persuaded by what I've read but dh is not convinced (fair enough - it'd be a promotion for me and he'd be giving up a lot)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: