Talk

Advanced search

On line French courses

(8 Posts)
belgo Mon 30-May-11 12:48:41

Does anyone know a good online French course? Preferably free. In fact it has to be free. My French is very basic and I want to improve it before going on holiday to French.

Lollypolly Mon 30-May-11 13:55:25

Have you got an iphone / ipad / ipod? There are some good apps for learning languages.

belgo Mon 30-May-11 13:58:11

No, nothing beginning with an i.

fastweb Mon 30-May-11 18:41:18

This is free

www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/

As an alternative, if the above does not cut the mustard, there is the not free, but very cheap www.babbel.com. Which is working well for my son (he is learning Spanish). I'm paying about 20 euros per 3 months for full access.

belgo Mon 30-May-11 19:03:57

thanks! looks great.

Portofino Tue 31-May-11 10:02:02

Did you decide where you were going yet? I have the Michel Thomas Vocab Builder and Advanced French course on CD which you are more than welcome to borrow/copy. Not sure if it would be TOO advanced though. I find his method very easy to follow. You just have to sit and listen.

I do actually have the Dutch one on my iPod - I should actually listen to it! wink

Or you can download the foundation course here in audiobook form for 5.99. I have the equivilent in Italian and found it more than suffiicent (together with a phrasebook for extra vocab) to get buy on holiday.

Portofino Tue 31-May-11 10:02:35

get by - even....

belgo Tue 31-May-11 12:38:34

thanks porto! campsite booked for July, Brittany. And of course I need some french for all those pesky wallonian patients who don't speak flemish or englishwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now