Talk

Advanced search

Any MNers in Den Bosch?

(5 Posts)
NieuweBuurvrouw Mon 30-May-11 07:00:59

We're moving to Den Bosch from near Amsterdam in a few weeks, I'm really looking forward to it but the prospect of starting for scratch is a wee bit daunting. So, I was wondering if there are any MNers about who might fancy sharing tips or even meeting up.

I'm hoping to be able to find some sort of playgroup to keep the DC entertained and help us meet new people. As is usual over here there doesn't seem to be much going on for pre-schoolers, DC (3.5 and 2) and I are bilingual so it doesn't matter if it's Dutch or English speaking although a bit of extra English exposure is always a bonus.

Anyone have any tips, tricks or idea for getting settled?

NieuweBuurvrouw Mon 30-May-11 07:02:38

Oh, forgot to say, I've been a (perpetually name changing) MNer for years, changed again for obvious reasons...

NieuweBuurvrouw Tue 31-May-11 16:40:41

Sneaky bump.

suburbophobe Thu 09-Jun-11 02:41:01

Hoi NieuweBuurvrouw grin

Try the forum on the Expatica website, you should have more luck there hopefully.

My son at that age was going to peuterspeelzaal a few times a week, he still has friends (he's now 19) from there. The gemeente should have a list of ones in your area.

NieuweBuurvrouw Thu 09-Jun-11 09:07:08

Thanks!

I've already got them booked into the local peuterspeelzaal so hopefully we'll get to know some people that way. The long stretch of the summer holiday is quite daunting but I suppose we'll be so busy getting settled that it'll pass in no time!

I'll try Expatica, didn't know about that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: