Talk

Advanced search

Brissie people.

(65 Posts)
HowsTheSerenity Thu 21-Apr-11 23:34:24

Brissie, Brisbane, Brisvegas, Brisneyland. Whatever you want to call it.
Shall we all try to meet up sometime soon? There seem to be quite a few of us lurking around. I am down in Beaudesert but will drive up for coffee anytime.

GapsAGoodUn Thu 21-Apr-11 23:42:03

Ooh yes, count me in! I'm in a western suburb but not a prob to get in to City.

<feels v.excited at the thought of coffee with a real live person who isn't my dh>

chloeb2002 Fri 22-Apr-11 05:27:24

once school is back?

gotobedsleepyhead Fri 22-Apr-11 12:01:00

I'm in western suburbs & definitely up for it - I do work weds - fri though, but could probably take an afternoon off. Looking forward to it.
What area are you in chloeb?

HowsTheSerenity Sat 23-Apr-11 02:04:07

Definitely once school is back. I am out in bogan land in Beaudesert.

GapsAGoodUn Sat 23-Apr-11 22:09:26

Serenity - I looked on a map yesterday and Beaudesert is quite a way isn't it? Would it be easier if we arranged to meet halfway?* I'm quite happy to give a lift to anyone.

*Not that I'm swayed by the fact that Ikea is roughly half way. Oh no. Not me. grin

HowsTheSerenity Sat 23-Apr-11 23:36:01

Beaudesert to Chermside is 60 to 90 minutes drive depending on traffic. But halfway would be preferable.

Ikea.....hmm I always need new ice cube trays and other things with unpronounceable names.

gotobedsleepyhead Sat 23-Apr-11 23:52:06

Ikea has a decent play area for kids too (or will I be the only one bringing a child?)

HowsTheSerenity Sun 24-Apr-11 00:28:16

I have no kids (ex nanny hence my being on mumsnet) but I am sure I could find one to bring grin

chloeb2002 Sun 24-Apr-11 04:16:08

hi im north brissy...about 30mins to chermside. I will have either one or two small people to bring.. depending on day and location. ds has kindy on mondays...dd is 11 weeks....

wahine12 Sun 24-Apr-11 11:53:12

Just marking my place here. Will be in Brissie from 31 May. Looking forward to meeting you all!

HowsTheSerenity Wed 04-May-11 10:13:52

So the little ones are back at school so shall we arrange something?

GapsAGoodUn Wed 04-May-11 12:21:06

Bumpety bumpety bump!

sooo excited!

BTW - i went to Chermside the other day and there is no play area there left only a tiny bounce place which seemed quite expensive for what it was.

Am very open to setting - I am in The Gap (I know, it's such a well hidden gag) and am welcome to offer lifts or have people here.

HowsTheSerenity Thu 05-May-11 00:56:38

The Gap is a good 2/2.5 hour drive for me sad
Chermside is 1.5 hours
City 1 hour

chloeb2002 Fri 06-May-11 01:51:57

shall we wait for wahine? make a date early june? Not sure how far it ios for people.. but Strathpine had a great play centre... we could even go in the next school break? Or somewhere similar.. beaudesert .. may be better to meet in the city?

gotobedsleepyhead Fri 06-May-11 09:42:04

Strathpine is further than chermy for Serenity. I went to a play centre in Springfield last week which was good, but I think that's a long way for Chloeb? I will see if they have any a bit more central. My dd (2) got beaten up by a rather rambunctious young chap on the bouncy castle at chermside last week - was trying not to interfere but had to do a wonder woman style dash to the top of the slide in the end (in my mind I looked like wonderwoman anyway! - sorry, totally off topic!)

HowsTheSerenity Mon 09-May-11 10:24:36

I am full on for all of June as......I have finally been accepted to become a student paramedic!!!!!! This is why I moved back to Australia.
I will be working around Beenleigh but will be shiftworking so will have random days off.

GapsAGoodUn Wed 11-May-11 10:36:56

Wahey, Well done Serenity!

I think maybe the city is going to be an equal drive for you and Chloe.

Shall we say next week or week commencing the 23rd May?

wahine12 Thu 12-May-11 04:43:32

Hope you guys get together and thanks for thinking of me!! I am busy planning the trip over and so not much time for MNet. I'll be in Wilston so not sure how far from anywhere yet!

HowsTheSerenity Thu 12-May-11 23:28:29

I am good for the week of the 23rd. Kangaroo POint has been renovated so I see but the parking is awful if I remember. Free parking is better so a shopping centre would work. Actually I have no idea really grin

GapsAGoodUn Fri 13-May-11 04:35:46

Indooroopilly? Don't know how easy it is to reach for you though, or the earlier idea of Ikea, but don't know if that would be too far for Chloe?

HowsTheSerenity Sat 14-May-11 08:06:40

Indro is good. I have not checked out my old shopping mecca yet.

eidsvold Sun 15-May-11 04:47:55

oh I have just seen this. Have been busy doing genealogy work for a friend and so have not had time to dip in and out - as well as trying to get some work and doing P and C work at three schools ( mad I know.)

Gap - I grew up at Arana Hills over the range from where you are now. I am just south of chloeb and depending on what day - either no children or one mad 4yo.

Fabulous play area at new farm Park - no idea what parking is like during the week. We tend to park down river and catch city cats up.

eidsvold Sun 15-May-11 04:48:30

wilston is very close to city and I live about 20 minutes north of you.

HowsTheSerenity Sun 15-May-11 23:06:34

Oooh New Farm Park. I have not been there for years. I remember playing in the fig trees as a kid.
Wilston has nice cafes (if I remember correctly).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now