Talk

Advanced search

Internet ordereable present for friend in NZ - Help please Kiwis!

(8 Posts)
MrsBun Tue 04-Jan-11 13:40:59

PLease could NZ dwellers give me some leads for something that I can order online for my lovely friend (having left her twatty cheating husband) to cheer her up. MAny thanks in advance. She is in Auckland.

whiteflame Tue 04-Jan-11 14:31:24

you could try trademe, a website that sells both new and used things (think it's like UK ebay). not sure if you have to be in NZ to use it though - if so, is there anyone other than your friend that you could get to complete the order for you?

whiteflame Tue 04-Jan-11 14:35:00

this one might (or might not!) be useful:

realgroovy

i think UK amazon delivers in NZ as well, though it can take a little while and if buying DVDs you need to be sure it will play in NZ DVD players smile

Weta Tue 04-Jan-11 16:46:38

What about something like this?

www.nznature.co.nz/

Or this one is good for books, and in fact I see they sell other stuff as well:

www.fishpond.co.nz/

You sound like a lovely friend

bran Tue 04-Jan-11 16:48:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Besom Tue 04-Jan-11 16:51:17

Amazon definitely do deliver to NZ - although it does take a while to get there.

Horopu Tue 04-Jan-11 19:30:11

If you want books go for book depository. It takes about a week for the free delivery and is cheaper then Amazon when you include the delivery costs.

MrsBun Wed 05-Jan-11 12:16:44

Thanks everyone - couple have toys etc for her 3 little ones so will probably go with that. Really feel for her - We were on the same Expat posting a few years back and miss each other. All suggestions appreciated

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: