Talk

Advanced search

Singapore zoo when it rains?

(8 Posts)
ravenousbugblatterbeast Sat 01-Jan-11 09:00:13

Well we made it to Singapore, and had a fab time at the Science Centre today. I can't help noticing the 2hrs of torrential rain each day.. I'd like to take DS to the Zoo tomorrow, what happens when it rains..? Is there a particular area we should aim to be at about half two, three pm?

Thanks again!

iamnotreallysure Sat 01-Jan-11 09:12:05

I love the zoo & it is well equipped with shelters for the very predictable rain. Also try to do the night time safari - it is a different area and different animals.

Pinkytinky Sat 01-Jan-11 09:35:07

Second the night safari it was fab. Also I remember it rained a lot while DH and I were at the zoo but don't remember it spoiling the day at all. Have fun.

DecorhatetheChristmasTree Sat 01-Jan-11 09:39:40

Do they still have the Pygmy hippos? Soooo cute!

slim22 Sat 01-Jan-11 09:40:16

the wet play area?
I personally think the night safari is pointless.

Jenda Sat 01-Jan-11 19:21:25

When i went it rained a lot but didn't spoil it at all. Rain was warm and actually quite welcomed! Large air conditioned shelters everywhere.

ravenousbugblatterbeast Sun 02-Jan-11 14:32:09

Thanks so much, we went today. It rained on the way there but then not again, so we saw all the animals up close and personal in this fabulous zoo..
Packing now, boo hoo, but Perth next so new places to explore (even though DS has decided he wants to live in Singapore..!)

Merlion Mon 03-Jan-11 04:38:03

Ravenous we were there yesterday (Sunday) too! - although we went in the morning and missed the rain! I was going to suggest morning as all the rain has been in the afternoon of late.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: