Talk

Advanced search

Ideas required

(8 Posts)
wanttomove Sun 28-Nov-10 14:28:57

Hi

I am after some ideas please. My parents live in Spain (we live in the UK) and we visit them for a few weeks a year.

They want to know what to buy my ds, 2 in January, for Christmas and I thought maybe they could buy something to stay out there rather than us having to bring it all back with us at Christmas. He doesn't have many toys out there and it would be nice to have something so I don't have to keep taking loads with me each time.

Ideally they would get something he will play with for a number of years. I was thinking maybe duplo/mega blocks (he doesn't really play with his yet but ...)

Does anyone have any other ideas? Also, does anyone know a good site to order for delivery. My father is currently ill so they aren't going out.

Thanks in advance

dikkertjedap Sun 28-Nov-10 19:25:58

What about toy cars?

Othersideofthechannel Mon 29-Nov-10 05:48:18

Duplo is a good idea for this situation. We got our first Duplo when DS was 2 and he still plays with it (age 7). He prefers Lego now but if his little sister is playing Duplo he joins in, or if we go somewhere where there is only Duplo.
We had mega blocks as well but they grew out of that a few years ago and we have sold it all.

Wordsonascreen Mon 29-Nov-10 06:10:53

Amazon deliver to Spain.
The dcs played with mega blocks for years easily their best toy was one wiht a huge dumper truck .

Or buckets and spades and beachy stuff (a UV tent if you're being mega practical)

Wordsonascreen Mon 29-Nov-10 06:11:22

Or books .. always a good bet (and amazon again)

wanttomove Mon 29-Nov-10 09:33:44

Thanks all. I thought of google after I posted because I know they do free delivery on books. I wonder about toys (off to check ...)

Books and Duplo it is then. Fantastic. He has summer stuff out there already.

Thanks all. I didn't know there was really a difference between Duplo / Lego / Megablocks except the brand name! It's all a new world to me.

wanttomove Mon 29-Nov-10 10:06:25

OK, help please! Duplo ...

do I just get a big bucket of bricks like this and then order something like this to go with it?

It appears I never had lego when I was younger!

Thanks

Othersideofthechannel Mon 29-Nov-10 11:41:45

I would get a box of bricks + something that contains people and a wheel base. That way he will be able to make his own vehicles and have drivers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: