Talk

Advanced search

The Snowman. Sunday 3rd December Belgium

(24 Posts)
kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 22-Nov-10 09:22:34

Anybody going? DD fancies it and I wondered if anyone wanted to meet up before or after? I am planning to take her to the 14.30 performance.

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 23-Nov-10 09:09:44

Looks like it will just be me and DD.

kreecherlivesupstairs Sun 28-Nov-10 21:17:04

No one else fancy it?

LongtimeinBrussels Sun 28-Nov-10 22:51:52

Hi Kreecher, I've known about this for some time and thought about taking dd but we've had to have some work done on our roof so all Christmas productions are out for us now unfortunately

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 29-Nov-10 07:56:18

Shame. I think I'll have to take a photo of the details and then look at it at home and make a posting. All I can remember is it is on Sunday somwehere near to Brussels.
Hope your house stuff goes well.

natation Tue 30-Nov-10 08:43:06

The Snowman
Sunday 5th December, 14h30 or 17h30

Reservations
bxlsnowman2010@gmail.com
Tickets: 15 € Adults 12 € Children
Info: 02 735 0744 (afternoons)
02 662 1727 (anytime)

Centre Culturel d'Auderhem,
Bvd du Souverain 183,
B-1160 Auderghem

I might go with 2 of the children

Portofino Tue 30-Nov-10 11:13:36

Ah - I would have gone, but I have my dad staying this weekend.

natation Tue 30-Nov-10 17:43:20

Kreecher,

if you went to the 14h30 performance, you could afterwards go by metro into Brussels for a light parade starting at 18h in the area of the Christmas market "plaisirs d'hiver". There's also a lovely ice rink, ferris wheel, very old carousel.

www.quefaire.be/the-parade-le-cortege-241012.shtml

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 01-Dec-10 07:32:53

That sounds good, the only problem is DD is such a grumpy mare she has to be in bed by 7.30 so we wouldn't make it home.
As we are going to Manchester for Xmas she can go on the big wheel there. I am still in two minds about whether to stay at home on Sunday due to the state of the roads round our way. [no salt on roads emoticon]

natation Wed 01-Dec-10 12:01:44

Anwerpen Central to Bruxelles Central is 7,40€ return for 1 adult and 1 child, then metro line 5 to Hermann-Debroux is a short walk from the theatre. Train + metro is as little as 1 hour and 10 minutes. It's far easier than driving, well it is to me who is a reluctant driver. It's also cheaper than driving and possibly faster.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 01-Dec-10 12:44:08

Do you fancy meeting to see the show? If you do send me a message.

natation Thu 02-Dec-10 06:41:37

Might do but too busy until today to phone to see what tickets are left.

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 02-Dec-10 08:05:09

Natation, don't worry,the snow here is so bad it took me an hour to drive DD and DH to school. There school is next to the railway so it would be just as long on Sunday.
We'll stay at home and make christmas cards. Saturday is reserved for putting up the tree.

LongtimeinBrussels Thu 02-Dec-10 13:52:35

I tried posting the information immediately I wrote here but there was a mumsnet error. I have other things to post up so really should make an effort. However,this snow is supposed to continue into next week so I'm not sure about people getting out to all of these events!

LongtimeinBrussels Thu 02-Dec-10 13:53:32

Kreecher, you're already putting up your Christmas tree? Wow! I'm impressed. We won't be even thinking about decorations/tree until after Elena's exams have finished (17 December).

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 03-Dec-10 07:40:50

I wouldn't normally bother to put up the tree until mid December, but DD loves doing it and it fills a couple of hours.
We will be writing and making xmas cards and some fudge for her teachers. Last week we potted up some offshoots of a plant for six of them. She keeps changing her mind about who is getting one, the only constant is everyone gets fudge.
DD (and DH) finish school on the 17th, we are going to England for DD's first ever UK christmas. She is so excited.

Portofino Fri 03-Dec-10 10:27:13

We're going to put our tree up later today! blush. My dad is SUPPOSED to be driving over from Kent this afternoon - but that is looking increasingly unlikely. We wanted it to look all festive ahead of the arrival of St Nick.

LongtimeinBrussels Fri 03-Dec-10 12:01:21

I think St Nicolas is going to be a bit of a non-event in our house. I'm still getting over a tummy bug and so weekend celebrations have been cancelled Also I'm a lazy slattern in the house (would rather be reading a maths book)

belgo Fri 03-Dec-10 12:03:15

Sorry to hear that LTIB, hope you feel better soon.

My girls will decorate the tree this afternoon. I've just raided Hema for decorations.

Portofino Fri 03-Dec-10 12:16:15

A MATHS book!!!shock Now I hate housework, but not THAT much.....Give me a good bodice-ripper any time. grin Hope you feel better soon.

Belgo, good luck with the decorating!

My dad has confirmed he isn't coming. On the upside that means I don't have to make up the bed in the spare room. But a bit sad not to have visitors. DH has man flu though and isn't very sociable....

LongtimeinBrussels Fri 03-Dec-10 12:28:24

A nice bit of algebra, differentiation or integration doesn't float your boat? You do surprise me, Porto grin.

Thanks belgo. I am gradually getting better but it's taking time for me to get my appetite back/stop feeling nauseous. Already lost a couple of kilos.

Portofino Fri 03-Dec-10 12:36:00

Algebra! <<shudders>>.

My sister has the Maths gene in our family. She has a degree in Maths, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics from Warwick Uni. Apparently it was reknowned as the course with the highest suicide rate shock! I can't imagine why......

LongtimeinBrussels Fri 03-Dec-10 12:58:29

Wow, I'm impressed! My brain has turned to mush since uni. I only keep up with A level, IB and EB maths these days.

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 03-Dec-10 13:38:48

I'm impressed too. Our DD does 'extra' maths so she hasn't fallen behind when we go to England to live. I live in fear of her getting to a page that I can't understand. The day is coming though.
She and I are making cards for her teachers and decorating the tree if I can find it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now