Talk

Advanced search

Breast MRI

(6 Posts)
sarstz Tue 22-Jan-19 01:37:57

Hi all,

Im slightly freaking out, I recently had a breast MRI as part of a high risk screening program. The breast part came back normal but the dr secretary said there was something on my liver they wanted to check out and booked an US.

Has anyone had this?? Did results come back normal? Why would I have an Ultrasound after an MRI? They got back to me the next day after the MRI so I'm thinking the worst! Please helpconfused

OP’s posts: |
sarstz Tue 22-Jan-19 09:06:28

Ssad

sarstz Tue 22-Jan-19 13:13:17

Can anyone relate? Sorry such a mess, I have two very young girls and can't stop thinking of the worst...

Mumof3teens Tue 22-Jan-19 20:24:15

Hi sorry, no experience, so not much help, but would you be better getting this moved to either General Health or Chat, for more traffic? flowers

emzw12 Tue 22-Jan-19 20:57:02

I'm in the high risk breast screening cohort. Just not sure why they'd scan your liver during a standard breast MRI they don't usually scan anything apart from the boobs.

KingIrving Tue 29-Jan-19 19:20:15

Did you have blood test as well? If yes, it is probably more one of the liver function test that came back out of range.

I also belong to the high risk, and when my doctor showed me the breast MRI on screen, you could only see the breasts, especially as you have them hanging in the holes of the mattress .

are you sure, they said liver? The false positive rate with breast MRI is quite high, 1 out of 6 i was told, and I had an ultrasound and guided biopsy a week after. More than false positive, they told me in 1 out of 6 they will see something that needs further investigation . So an US after MRI is quite normal. But the liver I don't really understand. Why not call back or ask for a quick appointment.

Which gene mutation do you have?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in