Talk

Advanced search

DF and kidney cyst/tumour

(5 Posts)
jamoncrumpets Wed 09-May-18 16:58:21

Hi there and apologies if this is in the wrong place.

DF had an ultrasound recently where they discovered a cyst (this is definitely the word that they used for it) on one of his kidneys. It's quite large, and causing DF some discomfort.

He's waiting to see the urologist about it, and there's been talk of an MRI to further examine it.

Anyone have any experience with masses on kidneys? It doesn't sound all that benign to me, but I don't know, maybe DF is telling me it's just a cyst so that I don't worry about him.

OP’s posts: |
crunchtime Wed 09-May-18 16:59:41

i have a cyst on my kidney-been there for a good few years. Doesn't do any harm.

jamoncrumpets Wed 09-May-18 17:03:05

Well that's what I thought too crunch, but the urologist/further scans have spooked DF I think. I lost DM to pancreatic cancer eight years ago, so my mind keeps racing to horrid conclusions.

jamoncrumpets Wed 09-May-18 17:20:37

DF complaining of back pain and says he finds it hard to drive longer distances now.

Thisisconfusing Tue 15-May-18 08:41:23

DH had a kidney cyst removed a few years ago. The lump was picked up on a routine CT scan ( he had had cancer ) and was obviously very worrying at the time given his medical history and the extensive radiotherapy to his abdomen he had had . But thankfully it turned out that it was just a benign pseudocyst I thInk was the term they used . The op was a bit of a fiddle because of where it was but recovery was relatively quick . Whatever it is ( and hopefully it is just some sort of cyst) it obviously needs to be investigated and sorted out. for what it’s worth, in my experience doctors rarely tell you something is probably benign unless they think that’s likely to be the case. So hopefully he has indeed been told that.
Best wishes to you all.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in