Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Is it the big c

(7 Posts)
Mcee Fri 01-Dec-17 16:40:23

Just come back from the docs where I had a breast examination. I found this lump last week. She confirmed there was a 2cm lump and has referred me for a mammogram for which I should get an appt within two weeks. Apparently it's an all day appointment and they do loads of tests. After the crap year we've had why do I just know it's going to be bad news 😪😪

HumphreyCobblers Fri 01-Dec-17 16:44:36

You don't know this, but I do accept it is entirely normal to be worried.

Most lumps are harmless.

Sorry you are having this worry flowers

Mcee Fri 01-Dec-17 17:30:55

She did say cancer lumps aren't usually painful but it's not unheard of. It's even more painful since she prodded around 😪

loobylou10 Fri 01-Dec-17 17:45:00

Try not to worry. All doctors refer as a matter of course when a lump is found. You will have a mammogram and probably an ultrasound (again, this is normal). People throw stats out that 8 in 10 lumps are nothing to worry about but I know it's difficult and your brain goes into overdrive. The waiting is the worst but I have always been seen within 2 weeks. Fingers crossed it's nothing - mine were cysts both times, one small one and very large one.

Lisette40 Fri 01-Dec-17 17:49:53

I attended a Breast clinic. I was out of my mind with worry but they were wonderful. 86% of the lumps at that clinic were benign, and mine was too. I've fibrocystic breasts, apparently. Due to my age I had a mammogram and an ultrasound. Bring a friend/ partner with you for support, if possible. The waiting is the worst part.

RhiannonOHara Fri 01-Dec-17 17:53:21

I have fibrocystic breasts too, diagnosed after I went to the GP out of my mind with worry and they sent me for a mammogram.

The waiting is awful, I know. Come and talk to MN any time you need to. thanks

Mcee Sat 02-Dec-17 13:48:13

Thank you lovely lot, I'm trying... like you said waiting is the worse part. Couldn't sleep last night 💤 x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now