Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Chemo gift for breast cancer patient

(5 Posts)
sortingmyselfoutslowly Tue 14-Nov-17 21:47:16

Someone close to me has recently had a lumpectomy and is undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I was intending to buy a gift on notanotherbunchofflowers.com sent to her (she lives a distance away) but it's sold out. It was a lovely washbag with queasy drops lollipops, hand cream, lip balm etc inside. So I've decided to make my own. Which little items would make her more comfortable that I could buy to go in a nice wash bag? I've already ordered the queasy drops online. Thank you

picklemepopcorn Wed 15-Nov-17 08:39:03

What about scented hand wipes, the kind of thing you get in KFC? I like the lemon scent. Also, geranium essential oil is really uplifting. A little bottle of that and a hanky to sprinkle it onto. A small spray bottle to fill with scented water. Gosh, I’m clearly all about the smells...

Northumberlandlass Wed 15-Nov-17 08:45:21

When my Mum was receiving chemo, we put together Neal's Yard stuff - it was recommended for those undergoing treatment. Hand cream, lip balm etc
Mum actually got more use out of the organic coconut oil from Aldi!!

confusedwife84 Wed 15-Nov-17 09:06:48

Try and get mostly non scented things as most patients on chemo are massively nauseated already and artificial scents can make them worse.

sortingmyselfoutslowly Fri 17-Nov-17 14:08:03

Good ideas, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now