Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

I'm healthy, but I need to swear and shout and cry

(3 Posts)
BikeRunSki Sat 07-Oct-17 16:26:10

A very good friend died last night. She was DS's best friend's mother. Brain tumour. Diagnosed less than a month ago. She'd been treated for other cancers in the past, but had been relatively healthy for the last 3 or 4 years.

I've been helping her family with a few practical things recently, so I knew it was coming. It was still a shock I still can't stop crying and raging though. I know her children, especially her son. How on earth do you get over the death of your mother at 8, or 11?

What can I do ??? I feel that I should do something, but I am not sure what is left to be done. Her DH knows that I'll go shopping for him or whatever. I just don't want to intrude.

She was due to go into a hospice today. The links to bereavement support are already there.

Fuck You Cancer. Now look what you've done.

CiderwithBuda Sat 07-Oct-17 16:31:13

How sad. There are no words really.

sad

TractorTedTed Sat 07-Oct-17 16:33:42

How awful. So tragic and I really feel for you all. Those poor children. sad

In terms of practical things, can you prepare some meals and just leave them with the family. Or take some of their washing / school uniforms etc home.

I know I've read on here before that most people wouldn't feel that comfortable asking for these things, but are grateful if someone just gets on and does it for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now