Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

I'd like to thank the person who saved my daughter.

(8 Posts)
DontPullThatTubeOut Mon 10-Apr-17 16:57:33

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, basically in 2015 my daughter received a heart (she was three months old) she got the heart on the 27th of October.

I didn't want to post this on fb in case the family who kindly donated their child's heart want to remain anonymous.

I just want them to know how grateful and how thankful we are to them, and to let them know the heart is working great and thanks to them my little girl gets a life.
I'm also worried that by saying this it may come across as mean, or rubbing salt in the wounds.
Even if someone on here knows the family, let them know how grateful we are and I thank them everyday for what they did.

Note3 Sun 16-Apr-17 19:00:55

Just wanted to say what a lovely post this is. I hope the parents involved get to see it flowers

SloanePeterson Sun 16-Apr-17 19:06:33

I can't see how anyone would think this is mean. I'm sure they'd be glad to know that their loss meant someone else got something so positive as a result. Fwiw, I feel the same about the blood donors who saved my life. I have no way of ever knowing who they were but I'm so so grateful to people who donate blood as I can't anymore since I've been a recipient.

70ontheinside Sun 16-Apr-17 19:10:34

flowers to the parents who found the strength to give their child's organs, and therefore give your dd the gift of life. Truly admirable.

UpLighter Sun 16-Apr-17 19:32:41

What an amazing thought and share.
I will join in with your thank you, thank you smile

3littlebadgers Sun 16-Apr-17 19:40:22

Thank you for sharing. What an amazing and generous thing that family have done.

ggirl Sun 16-Apr-17 20:01:26

Is there a way you can thank them anonymously through the NHS organ donation scheme . I heard about family doing this on the telly the other day.

DontPullThatTubeOut Sun 16-Apr-17 23:09:49

Thank you everyone. We did get asked if we would like to request information and contact with the donor, but we were so far from home and we had a toddler and learning etc that we passed it up, we felt we needed to give the family time to grieve and didn't want to go pestering them at such a time, we wanted them to know how thankful we were but didn't want to ask if we could know more ifywim? We just didn't want to make that time any harder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now