Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Please may I just rant a little?

(8 Posts)
frazzled3ds Fri 10-Feb-17 16:19:58

Today is my DF's birthday. Today his consultant rang with the results of a procedure done a couple of weeks ago - he has pancreatic cancer (got to be honest not an unexpected result, although DF had hoped it would be acute pancreatitis....) and will be seen by the consultant soon to discuss whether or not chemo is worth considering etc, I don't yet know the extent of the cancer, not sure if he's been told over the phone or not.

Feeling sad, and angry too - he's had bowel cancer (now has a colostomy bag), has prostate cancer and some kind of leukaemia, failing eyesight thanks to AMD and survived heart attacks and a quintuple heart bypass. My mum has also been ill, I'm taking her up north next week for her mother's funeral....

2017, you've been an utter bastard so far this year.........

hellsbells99 Fri 10-Feb-17 16:21:51

Sorry it wasn't better news Op flowers

frazzled3ds Fri 10-Feb-17 18:06:39

Thank you - DF had convinced himself they'd tell him it was something like acute pancreatitis..... I had an inkling it wouldn't be. Shitty news at the best of times, more so on his birthday!

BigFatBollocks Sat 11-Feb-17 21:50:35

I'm sorry. flowers

Abraiid2 Sat 11-Feb-17 21:51:53

So sorry.

togetherlikeglue Sat 11-Feb-17 21:56:36

Your poor family. flowers

Wheredidallthejaffacakesgo Sat 11-Feb-17 22:02:14

flowers for you all.

frazzled3ds Sat 11-Feb-17 22:09:40

Thank you. Popped round again today, think 'denial' is the mood at present. My DM has a number of health issues, and has recently lost her mum, funeral is next week - I suspect this is going to hit hard once that's been done, and her Dad isn't coping well either.

DF will have an appointment soon with the consultant to discuss pros and cons of chemo, I understand from DM that he's been told there's nothing they can do.

At some point I'll have to say something to my DS (x3) ...... the whole thing sucks sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now