Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Health scare

(6 Posts)
Amber9999999 Mon 23-Jan-17 20:42:52

Other a week ago I started having tingling sensation in my face then it went to my arms and legs,then shooting pains in my limbs and muscle twitches and aching all over I went to the gp and the said a virus but they didn't do any tests or anything I'm scared it's something serious like multiple sclerosis and I'm scared and people have been telling me I'm okay and it's in my head but it's notconfused

MollyHuaCha Mon 23-Jan-17 20:48:08

Look after yourself well with lots of rest, good food, fresh air, gentle exercise. Give the virus a chance to heal. If you are still not happy, return to your dr. In the meantime, be wary of self-diagnosing on google. Hope you feel much better soon flowers

Amber9999999 Mon 23-Jan-17 21:06:20

Thankyou ❤️❤️

MrsWOLF1 Wed 25-Jan-17 21:30:50

Back in 2015 I had similar symptoms and was falling over a lot .An mri scan showed nothing major wrong and I have since been diagnosed with chronic daily tension headaches ,I take propranolol twice a day which seems to keep everything under control .Hope you get some answers soon

user1485561594 Sat 28-Jan-17 01:27:38

Look after yourself. Take it seriously and slow down for a bit, until you know if it is anything more serious. I became seriously ill 4 years ago after what was eventually diagnosed as a virus - it took 2 years to get back to work full time and only in the last year have I felt back to my old self. Everyone is different, but virus is often used as a cue for "don't really know whats wrong with you, but it could be bad and you need to look after yourself" - take care of yourself and take the time to get better.

Amber9999999 Tue 31-Jan-17 15:05:03

Shooting pain down veins,can it do with stress cause I've been getting really bad headaches aswell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now