Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Friend with Liver Failure

(5 Posts)
ILikeyourHairyHands Fri 07-Oct-16 23:28:13

I have a good friend who is currently in the horrible position of having liver failure after taking Black Cohosh, not common, but possible. She has a DD and a not great relationship with her x, she found out today that she will not recover without a transplant, I'm going to see her on Sunday, I want to take some 'Nice stuff' but I'm unsure what that may be.

Any help would be brilliant.

apatheticfallacy Sat 08-Oct-16 00:00:44

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Fingers crossed for a transplant - (if she is otherwise well from a liver transplant perspective - then it may not be too bleak but obviously other medical conditions, alcohol, drugs, previous/childhood infections and much more may affect things)

Otherwise calamine lotion might be appreciated. Just being there is probably the most important thing you can do.

All the best

apatheticfallacy Sat 08-Oct-16 00:02:51

Also, I suspect the nicest thing would be a hand onheart promise to be in her daughters life no matter what. I doubt nice 'stuff' is that important at the moment

ILikeyourHairyHands Sat 08-Oct-16 00:47:15

Thank you, yes, you're probably right, she is well from other perspectives, I have offered to take her DD for a bit and for her to come and visit, I would hope that I can do that for her.

Right, calamine, and love, I guess, I feel a bit fucking useless tbh.

Thanks.

Lumpyspaceprincess87 Mon 16-Jan-17 11:11:24

Hope your friend got their transplant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now