Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Missing mum

(15 Posts)
aprilshowers2016 Sun 03-Apr-16 05:51:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LittleCandle Sun 03-Apr-16 06:00:36

Didn't want to read and run. I lost DM in a car accident. I was devastated. You will get through this. Your sons will be immense comfort to you. Don't be afraid to show your feelings in front of them. They have to learn that it is all right to grieve. I am so sorry for what you and your DM and family are going through. flowers

thestarryeyedsurprise Sun 03-Apr-16 06:52:42

My thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong. I have been in a very similar position so please feel free to PM if you want to chat.

Hugs for you. thanks

WhattaMunter Sun 03-Apr-16 06:59:31

Oh talfrynf - I'm so sorry.
You're not wallowing at all, you're having to say goodbye to a massive figure in your life. Your Mum.
Life is horrifically cruel and I dread the loss of my Mum and Dad, I really do.
I feel for you and hope that the time ahead for your Mum is pain-free and you and the rest of your family around her.

Sending you strength, support and love. I'll pray for your Mum.

WhattaMunter Sun 03-Apr-16 07:00:52

with you and the rest of the family around her.

sandgrown Sun 03-Apr-16 07:10:38

I have been in a similar position and I really feel for you. If you can speak to your mum tell her you love her and ask her anything you need to know while you can. If your mum is unconscious hold her hand I am sure she will know you are there. It was good I had family around me but I would have loved just five minutes alone with mum. Thinking of you flowers

rainbowstardrops Sun 03-Apr-16 07:20:57

So sorry for you and your family.
I lost my mum nearly eleven years ago to cancer and it was hell.

All I'd say, is make sure you spend time with her now while you can.

Make sure you tell her you love her and just make every last second with her count. flowers

Helenluvsrob Sun 03-Apr-16 07:26:34

Much much hugs op. Of course you want your mum back whole and healthy as she was.

Pm me if you need you hand holding. I'm sitting with my dying dad as I type.

WhattaMunter Sun 03-Apr-16 08:32:24

Helen sad

missnevermind Sun 03-Apr-16 08:56:09

I lost my mum quite suddenly last June. My parents lived abroad 9 months of the year and it happened while they were away. I still go to text her and send her pictures if the kids and I miss skyping her
Spend as much time as you possibly can now talking to her never mind the cleaning or expense. Give yourself some memories. Ask questions you always wanted to ask.

aprilshowers2016 Sun 03-Apr-16 14:38:10

rainbowstardrops Sun 03-Apr-16 16:16:52

Oh bless you my love.
I know exactly how horrendously difficult it is. Unfortunately.
Shedding a tear for you right now sad

aprilshowers2016 Wed 06-Apr-16 09:31:52

ChipperCharlie Wed 06-Apr-16 20:53:35

I'm reading Talfryn. I wept a little when I read your update. Your Mum and Dad sound devoted and you sound a lovely family. I am sure that the feeling of Peace upon you is from your Mum.

More love and prayers from South Wales coming your way. X

aprilshowers2016 Sat 09-Apr-16 09:03:42

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now