Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Help! End of Life, Hospice etc.

(4 Posts)
Roseformeplease Sun 20-Mar-16 21:18:13

My lovely Mum is near the end. She is in hospital on a cancer ward and cannot go home, nor do we want her to as she lives a long way away from us all (4 children) and we can each only get there once a month, max.

We want her cared for near one of us. This would be 4-5 hours from where she is now. Dies anyone have any experience of getting a place in a hospice far away? Also, transport. We have found a lovely place and will call in the morning but us there anything I can do to help her case? My sister will look after her ancient cat who can visit her and she will be close by 1 of us, much nearer another and no worse for 2 more.

Any thoughts?

Roseformeplease Sun 20-Mar-16 21:29:54

Anyone?

SweetpeaToadfoot Sun 20-Mar-16 22:07:12

Didn't want to read and not answer. I can't help I'm afraid as my DDad was in a hospice close to his home.
Do you have a Macmillan nurse? They are amazing and ours helped us a lot. I'm sure Macmillan could advise you tomorrow.
Sending thanks

Roseformeplease Sun 20-Mar-16 22:15:46

Thanks. I will try them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now