Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

scan on thursday, struggling

(13 Posts)
lu9months Mon 07-Mar-16 21:35:40

DH has an aggressive, incurable brain tumour but has been so well up to now. he has an mri result on thursday and I'm so scared, and the kids are really struggling too. i just hate this build up to the scan, i just wish i knew what to expect

grumpysquash3 Mon 07-Mar-16 22:39:04

Has he suddenly become ill?

pullthecracker Mon 07-Mar-16 23:02:00

I don't know what to say that will comfort you, as it's a scary time for you. I read his book, and was inspired and amazed by his courage and positive attitude.
Keep going, you're all a strong family, am thinking of you all flowers

lu9months Thu 10-Mar-16 22:02:10

miraculously, scan good! he continues to defy the odds for now smile

pullthecracker Thu 10-Mar-16 23:24:30

Brilliant news! Hope you manage to all get a bit of rest over the weekend, I'm sure you must be exhausted x

Stradbroke Thu 10-Mar-16 23:27:09

smile

dahliaa Thu 10-Mar-16 23:28:07

smilethanks

LeaLeander Thu 10-Mar-16 23:34:26

Glad for you. I remember from my mother 's illness the torment leading up to those scans. flowers

Taylorandnicolesmummy Sat 12-Mar-16 21:16:24

Hi, my brother also has an incurable brain tumour and has scans every 12 weeks. He has a scan next week and the results the following week, I'm taking him for both appointments. I hate the build up to each scan 😢 sending hugs x

lu9months Sun 13-Mar-16 21:15:16

sorry to hear that taylor, really hoping for positive results for your brother x

Taylorandnicolesmummy Tue 15-Mar-16 12:49:07

Thank you, scan today.

How are you doing? X

lu9months Tue 15-Mar-16 21:12:28

hi taylor we are good thanks. just wondered how your scan result was ? x

Taylorandnicolesmummy Wed 16-Mar-16 15:42:03

We don't get the results for a week, consultant has to look at it. Appointment is this Tuesday coming. One of the letters I read gave him 2-4 years, it's been 2 years since his surgery so I feel we are getting closer to the day they tell us the tumour is growing again 😟 thank you for asking. It's comforting to hear from other people going through a similar thing.
I sometimes feel guilty for finding things hard as I can't imagine how hard it is for him! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now