Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Private Carers/home help

(3 Posts)
MadameSin Fri 23-Oct-15 20:15:33

I am looking into private care to visit my mother in her house and need recommendation for the West Wickham, Beckenham, Shirley, Surrey. Anyone have any personal experience of this in theses areas? My mother has secondary cancer and is very elderly - it's getting very stressful trying to juggle everything at the mo and we've been advised not to get social care involved as the carers are not consistent and she will need to build a relationship more 'long-term'. Thanks in advance

Ed64 Tue 12-Apr-16 10:37:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

dodobedoop Sat 23-Apr-16 10:28:15

Hi. I'm a social worker for adults.
Please do contact your local adult social care team. They will complete a Care Act assessment of need, and explain about both commissioned services, as in home care agencies, or direct payments.
Your Mum will be given an individual budget, she can use this to employ her own carers to support her.
Hope this helps, do message me if I can help further.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now