Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

My GM is dying

(3 Posts)
Florabeebaby Sun 31-May-15 16:09:41

She has dementia and had a blood clot and a heart attack about a week ago.
She is now on morphine and IV for fluids only. Her heart function is down to 35%.
She has herself wanted to die a long time and has wished for no intervention.
I live here in the UK, she is in my home country and the saddest thing is that I will not see her again.
It's not a shock and I think we have all grieved since the dementia took over and we lost her to that horrible disease. And she is nearly 90.
But I miss her so much and would give anything to see her one more time.

ProbablyMe Sun 31-May-15 21:45:03

I don't really know what to say but I didn't want to leave your post unanswered. My nan died several years ago after suffering from a degenerative illness for many years but it was still very hard when she finally did reach the end of her life. I still miss her now and often think about her. Just wanted to let you know that someone was thinking of you.

Florabeebaby Fri 12-Jun-15 13:30:32

Thank you. She passed away on 1st June. She just fell asleep.
I miss her terribly and I will not be able to attend her funeral but I am going to my country in July, I'll say my goodbyes then.
My dad told me not to be sad, just remember the good and fun and that's what I am trying to do.
Thank you for your kind words.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now