Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

A thread in memory of biscuitsandbandages who tragically lost her battle with leukaemia on Thursday 27th November

(255 Posts)
Mumsfret Fri 28-Nov-14 20:17:51

Biscuits gathered so many supporters and followers as she went through the trauma of diagnosis and bravely endured attempts at a cure. Her Mumsnet army can post their condolences here. It may serve as a comfort to her family to know how much she was admired and loved.

On Biscuits' last thread, Kundry kindly posted a link to a donation page set up in her memory, for those who wish to respect her request to donate to multiple causes close to her heart, rather than send flowers. Oxfam (training doctors and midwives in the 3rd World), a book reading prize for the school her DSs attend, and Leukemia and Lymphoma research to help banish this disease from future generations. The link is:here

RIP Biscuits thanks

Noforasking Fri 28-Nov-14 20:20:43

What terrible news. Just awful. My thoughts go out to her family.

mumof6needssanity Fri 28-Nov-14 20:20:55

thanks

5madthings Fri 28-Nov-14 20:22:52

Oh God no sad

I have been a long time lurker on her threads.

So so unfair.

Sending my love and strength to mrbiscuits and the little biscuits xxx

Just no words.

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Fri 28-Nov-14 20:23:58

So very sorry to hear this sad news. flowers She was so full of encouragement and had a good word to say to everyone on her threads. Love to her family.

PestoStormissimos Fri 28-Nov-14 20:24:47

Lots of love to the Biscuits family, so very sad to hear this news flowers

Coconutty Fri 28-Nov-14 20:25:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hellyd Fri 28-Nov-14 20:25:58

Another longtime lurker truly saddened by the news, my thoughts are with Mr biscuit and the little crumbs at this timesad

PoppetPants Fri 28-Nov-14 20:26:44

I am so sorry to hear this and my thoughts go out to her family and friends. I visited her thread often in the hope of good news about a person I was inspired by in a daily basis.

Sending love to all who knew her.

northernlurker Fri 28-Nov-14 20:26:53

I don't know what to say. I've read her threads, posted a bit. I was sure she would make it. Her poor babies and dh. I can't believe this.

Just so very, very sorry.

Calmthefeckdown Fri 28-Nov-14 20:27:41

Oh no sad I am so, so sorry to hear this. Her zest for life and love for her family shone out through her posts. My thoughts are with her family now. What terrible, tragic news.

OrangeRhinoInTraining Fri 28-Nov-14 20:27:47

Oh that is just awful, that poor poor family hmm RIP Biscuits

FarelyKnuts Fri 28-Nov-14 20:30:27

It's such an awful outcome for a woman who was so full of light.

May the universe protect Mr B and the crumbs in the days and weeks to come.

YesIDidMeanToBeSoRudeActually Fri 28-Nov-14 20:30:45

Terribly sad news.

Delurking to send love to the Biscuits family.

Can we link to the donation page mentioned on previous page?

ChippingInAutumnLover Fri 28-Nov-14 20:31:34

I can't believe it - I really thought our Biscuits was going to be OK. Her poor poor DH and babies - her little crumbs. I just can't take it in sad

It's so unfair. So so unfair.

ChippingInAutumnLover Fri 28-Nov-14 20:32:50

How can it be? She was just so lovely, so giving, so kind to others going through similar things. She has small children who need her. It's just not fair sad

kissmyheathenass Fri 28-Nov-14 20:33:51

Oh no. I am so sad to read Biscuits has lost her battle. She had so much to live for. Her dear family, what a terrible loss. Im sorry. sad

riskit4abiskit Fri 28-Nov-14 20:33:56

Poor poor biscuits and her lovely family. How terribly terribly sad. I greatly admired her positive attitude and fighting spirit. The world is a poorer place tonight

riskit4abiskit Fri 28-Nov-14 20:34:41

I am in floods of tears thinking of her baby without her mummy.

Rosa Fri 28-Nov-14 20:34:56

How very very sad. She battled so well and she was supporting others whilst in treatment. Love and prayers to her family . I was another who felt she would make it. So very very sorry

LordJabuJabu Fri 28-Nov-14 20:34:57

Awful news.
So so sorry for the loss of such a wonderful & witty woman.
Thoughts with her family x

Neffi Fri 28-Nov-14 20:35:09

Her poor babies. I'm heartbroken at this news. She was a courageous soul and I was willing her on from the other side of the computer screen.

Rest in peace biscuits.

UmizoomiThis Fri 28-Nov-14 20:35:39

Another lurker of her threads, who shed a tear for her family's loss today.

From her last thread, Kundry posted this page set up by her close friends/family, with their permission.

NorksAreMessy Fri 28-Nov-14 20:35:39

Oh no sad
This is so sad. She was so generous sharing her feelings and thoughts and experiences. This is terrible news

FrontForward Fri 28-Nov-14 20:35:40

I'm so so sorry. Really sad news

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now