Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.


(6 Posts)
pipsqueakz Thu 14-Mar-13 20:48:08

Hi all, my hubby has a chronic condition called gastroparesis has anyone heard of it and can anyone give me some good support groups for carers thanks x

redastra Thu 14-Mar-13 20:59:33

Hi Pip!

I have pm'd you

rlhmum Fri 15-Mar-13 08:58:03

sorry can't be much help but my 11 year old has it and its a miserable condition to have...

pipsqueakz Fri 15-Mar-13 09:42:41

sorry to hear you DC has the condition at such a young age rlhmum. We need more awareness of the chronic condition and more research. My dh is going back to hospital this month for enteral feed trial to see if it's his stomach causing pain with food trying to process or whether it's nerves causing the pain. he has venting tube to decompress stomach. My thoughts are with you and you DC

rlhmum Sat 16-Mar-13 23:51:05

my daughter was enteraly feed but is now on tpn ...she has a gastrostomy to vent her stomach ...if I can help in any way feel free to ask. .

pipsqueakz Sun 17-Mar-13 12:30:44

Thanks rhlmum its nice to be able to chat with someone who can relate to the situation
My husband is staying in london hospital for three weeks from beginning of april am worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now