Talk

Advanced search

OK to talk about Polydom here?

(16 Posts)
Iamapolytoo Sun 30-Aug-09 10:27:42

Is it going to be OK to talk about being a Poly here? (FFMM quad with children).

I got sucked into a thread elsewhere in Mumsnet but it didn't seem to be going anywhere, in fact it got quite nasty. sad

SolidGoldBrass Sun 30-Aug-09 10:32:09

Depends. Are you or are you not the inbred norfolk sheepshagging twin sister lot?

SausageRocket Sun 30-Aug-09 10:40:09

I'm not sure you'll find many others of your persuasion here. I don't mean that in a funny way, just that it isn't a mainstream lifestyle and so statisically speaking you are prob best off finding a specific 'poly' forum for your more specific stuff.

Of course on MN all parenting 'types' are welcome just you may find it difficult to have discussions with other polys on here, because I'm sure we have any! Hey, you could start a new trend on here. LOL

ROFL SGB

Iamapolytoo Sun 30-Aug-09 10:40:50

Err, not inbred, not from Nolfolk, do not own any sheep (and never have)!

Will 3/4 do? grin

SausageRocket Sun 30-Aug-09 10:42:40

3 out of 4 ???? So you are shagging your twin sister ?!

Iamapolytoo Sun 30-Aug-09 11:30:03

Err, no. Love her to bits but not in that way! grin

Iamapolytoo Sun 30-Aug-09 11:33:45

I am far more interested in knowing how people with minority lifestyles decide if, when or how to make their lifestyle known to friends and neighbours. And childrens school!

Particularly as their children get older and start to realise that their homelife is a bit different from their playmates'.

QueenOfFuckingEverything Sun 30-Aug-09 11:53:19

But you just said elsewhere your children were grown up now - how did you deal with the childrens' school?

Iamapolytoo Sun 30-Aug-09 13:23:17

Stunning badly I'm afraid.

The school thought the my girls were adopted for two years because one of the them said something about having two mummies. The school thought this mean a birth mother and adopted mother.

The same dilemma happen when start boyfriends coming to stay. What needs to be said - my instinct is nothing - and when.

hester Sun 30-Aug-09 21:49:19

So your children are grown up now, Iamapolytoo? Have you talked with them about how they want their friends to find out about your homelife?

Welcome, by the way. I don't know the thread that turned nasty, but FFMM quads cool with me grin

Iamapolytoo Mon 31-Aug-09 10:20:03

I am really not having a good day. To cut a very long (2 year plus) story short I made the dreadful mistake of sharing some information about my lifestyle with a married couple I met at a meeting down in London. It all seemed very innocent but basically I was duped by them into letting them read a blog I was writing and sharing with a handful of friends. They took to posting verbatim extracts of my blog to people I didn't know at all encouraging these people to register a protest by email at what I was doing. I was stupid enough to not change my email address and try to reason with them.
Then it got a bit worse because changed versions of what I had written started to get circulated. Nasty changes too intended to upset me and outrage any reader. Also lots of emails which I used to think came from different people until a dear friend showed my how to prove that over half had come from the same computer.
In the last couple of months a very well thought out campaign has gone on. 100% legal by the way but nasty and vindictive. Very carefully designed so that nobody can trust what they read and nobody can tell bizarre fantasy from reality. Readers then gets bored with all the rubbish that appears and move on leaving me with nowhere to turn for advice or help.

SolidGoldBrass Mon 31-Aug-09 22:43:48

You're probably not the only one here TBH. I am poly-friendly (though single). Sorry you are having such a rubbish time with online harassers (can't help wondering if one of them has a name that begins with J, because an individual in an open relationship with a name that begins with J gave a friend of mine an appalling amount of grief last year).
WRT the going-public-or-not if you have an uunusual lifestyle, I am still sort of blundering through it myself. It wasn't untill I started going to toddler groups with DS that I realised just how much of my time had been spent in 'unusual' company, and how hard it was to deal with the 'normal' world.

lisalisa Mon 31-Aug-09 22:48:35

What is poly FFM quad?

IOnlyReadtheDailyMailinCafes Mon 31-Aug-09 22:51:23

Although it is not something I have ever been involved in I can see why people would want to live this way. If I met someone who lived this way it would not put me off

SolidGoldBrass Mon 31-Aug-09 23:30:48

Lisalisa: FFMM quad is two males, two females living in a group marriage situation.

lisalisa Wed 02-Sep-09 13:03:57

thanks solid

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now