(12 Posts)
LeninGrad Tue 04-Aug-09 21:24:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeninGrad Tue 04-Aug-09 23:19:32

LeninGrad Tue 04-Aug-09 23:29:05

biscuit123 Wed 05-Aug-09 16:52:29

in my opinion can be just as difficult if not more so when you have 2 mums who both want to see as much of their child/children. am going through this right now and it is emotionally devastating.

LeninGrad Wed 05-Aug-09 22:48:49

Watshire Sat 08-Aug-09 16:16:24

This has just happened to me too. We have been together for 13 years, in a civil partnership for 3 years and have 2 children aged 4 and 6, one of which she gave birth to. I thought women were not supposed to do this. She seems to have lost her mind. She told me a few weeks ago she had been having an affair for 4 months. I never suspected a thing. There were no clues. I thought we were happy. We didn't argue much, we were going out, having fun. We had just been on holiday, abroad for the first time since the kids were born. How do people get through this? My whole life has fallen apart.

scottishmummy Sat 08-Aug-09 16:34:54

my friends wife has had total wobbler,upped and off with another woman. she has left my friend for total head case odd ball

really very sad for those of you going through this

LeninGrad Sun 09-Aug-09 07:42:39

OnlyWantsOne Sun 09-Aug-09 07:45:56

watshire are you and the DC getting lots of support in RL?

All the best for the future x

biscuit123 Wed 12-Aug-09 22:19:22

i dont know how you get through this, i have been going through this for over a year. i found out she was having an affair 3 months after our son was born, she left then came back we were supposed to be trying again and then 3 months later i found out she was having a second affair with someone else. she left me 8 months ago but then came back after 4 months and has been playing with my feelings and head for the whole time, wants me then her then me again and now finally she has made decision to be with her.now i have to move on as i know i couldnt be with her again after everything she has put me through, but it is hard and lonely and sometimes you just want to have someone to go out for dinner and relax and chat but moving on is not easy and sadly the old saying about time is true.

my heart goes out to you as i can appreciate the pain you are in, i take strength in spending time with my son who can always make me smile. if you ever want to chat then feel free.

Watshire Fri 21-Aug-09 16:47:54

Thanks everyone for your messages of support. It's just crap really. Fortunately I have very good friends and family (which she doesn't have any of now) and they are keeping me going. It's very hard to know what to do with the kids. I have been their primary carer for 2 years so I don't know whether to keep them as much as possible to keep their stability or share them as much as possible to give me a break and keep their relationship with her. Worst thing is she's still living at home at the moment because she hasn't got anywhere else to go. It's just torture.

biscuit123 Mon 24-Aug-09 11:40:03

i really feel for you i do, my ex stayed at home for sometime and it hurts like hell.the children are always the difficult part of a break up as there is no way you can have a clean break so it just makes the heart ache that much harder if you are the one that is being left. you can only do your best for your kids at the end of the day and you will know deep down what that is. we have now settled into more of a routine with my son but i spend a lot of time with him even though she is the main carer during the day. i live for the weekends of being with him and taking him out and now meeting new people. it is hard and i know exactly where you are right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now