Talk

Advanced search

West Dorset.... any gay parents?

(26 Posts)
bexgirl Fri 04-Jan-08 22:13:02

We are a lesbian couple with two boys age 5 and 2(known donor). We would like to make contact with other gay families in the area.

mummaJC Wed 16-Jan-08 11:12:27

Hi, Sorry we're not in your area but would be great to have some contact for advice etc. We are also a lesbian couple and have a 3mnth old girl (known donor) so this is all quite new to us. We don't have any gay friends that have had children together so we're kinda making it up as we go along!Don't seem to be doing a bad job so far, just the usual baby problems that most people have.Hope all good with your family x

bexgirl Sun 03-Feb-08 20:32:33

Hi, we are sorry you are not in our area too!
Our gay friends don't have children either but the challenges and delights of parenting seem to be the same whether you are gay or not. We have always been upfront with other families and primary school and have had no problems so far........... Was unable to send a message directly to you seems to be blocked. Hope the nights aren't too hideous, we are still being woken up regularly 2 1/2yrs later (perhaps you don't want to know that!) best wishesx

clothears Fri 27-Jun-08 17:34:22

Hi Bexgirl.
Im a single lesbian mum about to move to Exeter and was wondering how I go about meeting others in a similar position.
Where abouts are you as I would love to be able to have contact for advice etc.
x

nappyaddict Sat 28-Jun-08 20:53:44

hope you don't mind me asking but how do you choose who is going to give birth? Or did one of you do it one time and then the other do it the second time if you have more than one child?

bexgirl Thu 10-Jul-08 14:00:32

in our case my partner is older and had already had a daughter from a previous marriage. I was the younger one with the biological clock ticking hard so I did the pregnancy thing both times.

busymum1 Sat 12-Jul-08 22:03:00

hi bexgirl not too good on geography but we in hampshire my kids are dd1 age 6 and ds2 is nearly 2, fancy hooking up

bexgirl Tue 15-Jul-08 09:12:56

Hi sounds good, we are in west dorset so hopefully not too many miles away!

Dorchies Fri 01-Aug-08 20:08:03

Hi Bex, We are in West Dorset too!!! We would love to meet some other local lesbian mums. We have an 18 month old who was concieved through DIUI. We're in Dorchester - where are you?

bexgirl Fri 01-Aug-08 20:41:26

we are in west bexington (25 min drive) and I work in dorchester so really close!

bexgirl Fri 01-Aug-08 20:45:47

Hi Busymum where abouts are you in Hampshire?

Dorchies Fri 01-Aug-08 21:23:36

Excellent - we must meet up, only joined this site tonight so not sure how you do the contacting thing - any idea?

busymum1 Fri 01-Aug-08 21:28:53

portsmouth left message two weeks ago for you on other thread we have obviously both been watching different threads

bexgirl Sat 02-Aug-08 11:47:36

Hi busymum we think portsmouth is probably nearly a 2 hour drive so can't just 'pop over' which is a shame. Any ideas?!

busymum1 Sat 02-Aug-08 15:47:42

could we meet half way? we are thinking of going to paultons park soon is that easy for you to access according to aa route map is 1 hour from dorchester about 30-40 mins from us

bexgirl Sat 02-Aug-08 17:37:16

Hi Dorchies,
if you click on my envelope and then C.A.T. me I'll leave my email address

bexgirl Sat 02-Aug-08 17:41:46

Hi Busymum

typical, the boys have been there already this summer! Is West Moors park near Ringwood a possible alternative? we live 25mins the wrong side of dorchester!

Dorchies Sat 02-Aug-08 19:39:33

Hi Bexgirl,
We need to register to get the CAT service, and will do it asap and will send you a mail.

busymum1 Sun 03-Aug-08 09:45:13

hi bexgirl have promised dd1 we will go to paultons park but see in a few weeks if money better and maybe meet up with you too can't find info on west moors what's there?

Dorchies Sun 03-Aug-08 18:14:19

Hi Bexgirl, have sent you a CAT

bexgirl Sun 03-Aug-08 18:36:45

hi busymum
no problem let us know if you want to meet up some time. www.moors-valley.co.uk

Dorchies Mon 04-Aug-08 21:00:06

Hi Bexgirl, just wondering if you got my CAT? Not sure how it works, does it have to got through a moderator? Anyway, hope you got my e-mail address?

bexgirl Mon 04-Aug-08 22:26:13

Hi Dorchies, didn't get it, not sure how it works either! can't send you a CAT with my email because you seem to have opted not to receive any!!(or so the computer tells me)
if you can change that I'll try to send you mine

Dorchies Tue 05-Aug-08 07:22:23

Ok, Have now changed my settings which should mean I can receive CATs from other people - hope it works!

bexgirl Tue 05-Aug-08 08:27:19

great I'll give it a go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now