Talk

Advanced search

help!!!! my son is beating people up at school!

(4 Posts)
fathertedisgay Sun 11-Feb-18 21:18:17

so , the thing is, im a gay parent. im a known lesbian. and my sons' been hhaving some troublw @ school (hes year 7) because SOME OF THE STUDENTS are not excepting of this. i like to think we live in a fairly liberal area but they'res always some homophobs haha amirite ladies. anyway my son has been very upset because people have insulted his lovely mummy and this has led to him reacting to the meanies with violence and then has got detention. wat can i do sad

You tell him that violence isn't the answer, and then maybe go talk to his tutor about what's going on so they can punish/educate/deal with the issue in school. If he's being targeted then that would be bullying and the school should have systems in place to deal with it. Some schools can be shit at dealing with things, but until you try the legitimate avenues you won't know with yours. Hope you get it sorted, and hope the school steps up and handles it well.

fathertedisgay Sun 11-Feb-18 21:35:45

thank you, my wife and i will have a chat with him 2nite. luckily its half term now so we can have a proper think about it, and he will be happy to have some time away from the stressful situation..

SingleGayMum Sat 17-Feb-18 18:43:16

You and your son are protected against this kind of behaviour by the Equality Act (2010).

Here is a link to information from the Citizens’ Advice Bureau
www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/hate-crime/sexual-orientation-and-transgender-identity-hate-crime/

I work in secondary schools and find that most are pretty good at dealing with this sort of thing (if you find the right person!)

Stonewall do lots of resources you can point the school towards if they don’t have experience of dealing with these things

www.stonewall.org.uk/our-work/education-resources

Some half-term reading 😜

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now