Talk

Advanced search

Falling in love with my friend feeling anxious

(3 Posts)
Lolar1 Fri 01-Jan-16 19:03:53

Be gentle with me...I have been single for over 4 years after I left my marriage to DH due to abuse and despite many attempts I have not had a relationship since. I have a female friend who has not made any secret of her attraction for me and we have become very close friends, recently I have realised that I am probably a bit in love with her and am attracted to her too. I have never been in a relationship with another woman and I am reeling from whats going on in my head.....There is a large age gap but it has not limited our friendship. Since revealing my feelings for her I have had episodes of anxiety and I don't know if I have just really surprised myself or if I am nervous of being in a relationship. This is a new situation for me and I guess I am totally out of my comfort zone but I also can not deny how I feel.

I just wondered if anyone else felt totally freaked out to find out they were attracted to someone and it took them by surprise?

extrastrongblackcoffee Tue 05-Jan-16 10:36:51

Hi,

Can I ask why you feel freaked out? Is it because you've developed feelings for a friend? Or because you've developed feelings for a woman?

Lolar1 Tue 05-Jan-16 12:16:13

extrastrongblackcoffee thank you for your reply. Things have moved on and I can see that I was feeling anxious as I have never been in a same sex relationship before. However its going great and is now officially my first relationship in nearly 5 years and now I feel pretty great! There is also a large age gap but we have talked about this as decided that as long as we are okay it doesn't matter so much what other people think, in fact my friends who I have spoken too have already been hugely supportive. I'm bisexual and I never realised and now I feel so much better x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now