Talk

Advanced search

Liverpool lgbt parents

(12 Posts)
Sebs08 Sat 20-Dec-14 08:45:21

Hi, we are lesbian parents to be..my partner is pregnant with our first baby and we are moving to Liverpool in the next few months....we are eager to meet other lgbt parents in Liverpool and would love to attend any lgbt parenting groups but we can't seem to find any...?
Are there any lgbt parents in Liverpool out there? Xx

Miraclebaby1 Mon 05-Jan-15 20:29:50

Hi,
We are lesbian parents to 2 little girls (2 and 3 yrs old) and we live in Chester (close to Liverpool). We have been looking for lgbt parent groups for a little while but with little luck....sorry for not being much help at the mo but I shall get back in touch if I hear of anything helpful! (Considering starting a group up myself at this rate!!) Do let me know if you find anything...Congratulations on your (soon to be...) little baby !! smile smile

Sebs08 Mon 05-Jan-15 20:47:47

I was beginning to think I wouldn't get any replies and starting to think there are no lgbt parents in the north west :-)
I have been searching online for quite sometime but can't find any groups....starting a group would be fantastic, I really want our little one to grow up knowing other children with same sex parents...
A 2 and a 3 year old-wow, you must have your hands full....did you carry them both? :-)

Miraclebaby1 Fri 09-Jan-15 12:28:05

Hiya,
Yup, it's quite busy in our house!! I carried our 3 yr old and my partner our 2 yr old (took 3 yrs to conceive our eldest and then not quite so long with our youngest!!!)
It would be great to meet up after your little one has arrived. Our eldest starts school in September and we are really keen for her to know more children with 2 mums. There is a thread on here (LGBT parent section) titled Manchester lesbian parents (or similar!) and other mums seem keen to meet up at some point too...good luck with the move and new arrival!! smile

Sebs08 Tue 13-Jan-15 20:56:41

I will have a look at the other thread �� would be great to meet up once our little one arrives (mid July)....I am very keen to meet other lgbt families ASAP as the same as you, we are desperate for our little one to grow up knowing other same sex families....keep in touch ��

Miraclebaby1 Wed 14-Jan-15 21:24:49

Fab, I'm going to have a look at possible places for a meet-up in the next couple of months if everyone's still keen! I'll post in both threads, hopefully see you soon smile

ashlingphillips Thu 05-Feb-15 20:56:05

Hi,

I would just like to tell you all about Family Pride Festival, an activities, arts and music festival aimed at lgbt families and their friends. The event takes place in Staffordshire over 3 days and 3 nights and offers a huge range of fun workshops, outdoor activities and live music and entertainment all set in the beautiful Staffmoorlands countryside.
The event is now in its’ fourth year and this year will take place between 7th-10th August. Tickets are just £69 per adult inclusive of camping and all entertainment and all children go FREE.
The festival is great opportunity to meet lots of other lgbt families and enjoy an action packed, fun filled festival weekend!
If you would like more information please get in touch or visit our website: www.familyprideuk.co.uk
ashling.familypride@hotmail.co.uk

I hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards
Ashling Phillips
Family Pride Organiser

caz2mums Tue 10-Mar-15 12:55:57

Hi all,

Not exactly sure how all this works as i have just signed up, Myself and my partner are having our first child together (due June) and are also interested in meeting up with other same sex couples with children.
We live in Liverpool also.
smile

Suea76 Wed 11-Mar-15 14:51:35

Hi
I posted in the Manchester thread so we are all quite close my partner and I have a 7 mo th old little boy. Happy to meet up x

Miraclebaby1 Wed 11-Mar-15 20:24:01

Hi,
We've also posted in the Manchester thread and would like to meet up. We have two little girls and live in chester smile

Miraclebaby1 Mon 25-May-15 09:26:10

Hi everyone- I'm not sure if everyone already knows this info but...there is a new Cheshire (and surrounding area) same sex parent/families group starting to get set-up through the new Facebook group 'Cheshire Gingerbeer Parents Group'...if you're interested then do go and have a look! ��

CoopEddy24 Mon 03-Apr-17 11:48:35

Hi I noticed this thread and wondered if anybody did set up a LGBT parent group in the Liverpool area? I have been searching but so far haven't found anything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now