Talk

Advanced search

Confused over work colleague

(11 Posts)
Mousieme Wed 26-Feb-14 07:54:16

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place but need a little feedback on my work colleagues behaviours. Haven't been in this situation before and I don't have anyone that I feel comfortable discussing this with. Short story, I think my married workmate is attracted to me but I'm not certain I'm interpreting the signals correctly. How do I know? Its become uncomfortable as I've become attracted to her over the last year but I keep my distance for obvious reasons.

LimitedEditionLady Wed 26-Feb-14 18:47:41

No disrespect but you say she or he is married?.Perhaps you should just leave well alone.If they wanted to approach you they would.

Cringechilli Wed 26-Feb-14 18:50:32

If the colleague is married, you should get involved in any way.

Cringechilli Wed 26-Feb-14 18:50:51

Should NOT!

Mousieme Fri 28-Feb-14 04:17:38

I know hence why I said I keep my distance for obvious reasons. Thats not the question...I asked how do I know?

MadIsTheNewNormal Fri 28-Feb-14 04:53:28

But if she is married (and so are you, I believe, or at least in a LTR with the father of your child) then why do you need to know? What good will it do? It's best left unknown otherwise if you are interpreting the signals correctly then you are putting yourself right in the path of temptation, are about to open a huge can of worms for both your families and bring a whole heap of shit and grief down on lots of people. Just because you have a new found lesbian itch that needs scratching. confused

In this instance it's no different than if you had a hunch that a married man you fancied was sending out 'signals' but you weren't quite sure if you were imagining them/willing them to be true. Unless you are gagging to have an affair and willing to risk wrecking two families, then just leave well alone and keep her in your fantasies.

Mousieme Fri 28-Feb-14 08:28:27

No I'm not married , nor do I have any intention of pursuing a married woman. I have my reasons for asking what I thought to be a reasonably straight forward question

MadIsTheNewNormal Fri 28-Feb-14 09:11:46

Apologies then, your name rang a real bell and I wanted to trigger my memory of which thread I remembered you from, so I searched and I saw a few references to your DH and young child in previous posts. But I see now they were from 2010 so things could have changed. Because there were so few threads in the returned results and two of them were very recent I sort of assumed they were all fairly recent. blush

But she's still married though, which means not only is she unavailable but in all probability not gay/bi either. If you want to start exploring same sex relationships why make it so hard for yourself by focussing on such a long shot?

LimitedEditionLady Fri 28-Feb-14 10:23:23

Are you asking because it makes you uncomfortable?

LimitedEditionLady Fri 28-Feb-14 10:29:29

I suppose I would think so if someone kept making physical gestures not in a sexual nature may I point out,for example keep touching your arm in a close way when really they dont need to as this is an indication that they want to be close to you. Check their eye contact.What kind of things they talk to you about?Are they telling you in a roundabout way by the discussions they have with you?

LimitedEditionLady Fri 28-Feb-14 10:31:40

Also does this person know you are attracted to women?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now