Talk

Advanced search

Is there anywhere more friendly ?

(3 Posts)
Curiousmum69 Sun 09-Apr-17 16:13:51

I was just wondering if someone could direct me to a more friendly parent forum for transgender children.

I have googled but can only seem to find American sites.

ButtonLoon Sun 09-Apr-17 16:22:07

There are probably closed groups on Facebook, hopefully someone can point you to one!

Stopmakingsense Thu 13-Apr-17 09:06:28

Curiousmum - although this site may not seem friendly at first glance, there are many parents on here who are deeply sympathetic to children who are transgender, and their parents. We are going through the same thing. In our case, we cannot agree that transitioning alone is going to solve our DD's mental health problems, so we want her to tackle those before she does anything irreversible. If in the end transitioning is right for her, we will wholeheartedly support her. We are not transphobic - we use her preferred name and preferred pronouns, and we respect the fact that what she feels is real. But some of the threads here and elsewhere where there is a deep scepticism about the "born in the wrong body" narrative, and how damaging this evangelical movement is to gender non-conforming and gay children, and to women in general - has been an revelation to me.
I hope you find some support that works for you - I am sure there must be networks and forums out there. All the best to you and your family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now