Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

PLEASE HELP!!!

(9 Posts)
Twiga Thu 18-Aug-05 19:07:36

Would really appreciate any advice about the folloing situation as regards my rights/legal advice - no longer prepared to be walked all over by this company! Mammas & Pappas fiasco . Absolutely fuming

Twiga Thu 18-Aug-05 19:28:26

bump

starlover Thu 18-Aug-05 19:30:08

hi twiga
i read your thread the other day, but can't remmeber all the details... it's got quite long now!

anyway, have you
a) spoken to CAB
b) spoken to Trading Standards
c) write to mamas and papas with a deadline? it must be in writing, and give them a deadline by which time you expect the goods.

compo Thu 18-Aug-05 19:30:29

I would just get a full refubd

starlover Thu 18-Aug-05 19:33:08

to be honest, if they actually deliver everything i don't think there is anything you can do.
unfortunately there are no rules about having shit customer service

you can only keep at them and write to managing directors etc and hope for a goodwill gesture

Twiga Thu 18-Aug-05 19:34:02

Starlover - they were supposed to come with the rest of our stuff today - indicated that it might be later in the day due to pick up delays their end, but have failed totally to turn up for the second time in six days. Dh is going to get in touch with trading standards tomorrow, have already complained verbaly and in writing to M&P's following last weeks failure to deliver. Just can't believe how we've been treated

Compo would love to cancel order and get refunded but baby is due in 13 days and it's all a little late in the day to go through the whole process again.

starlover Thu 18-Aug-05 19:39:04

TS is your best bet... they'll let you know where you stand

hannahsaunt Fri 19-Aug-05 01:03:33

Have been following this over here and it sounds grim - not what you need at this stage (if it's any consolation our anxiety levels prevented us from buying virtually anything pre-ds1 and dh bought & collected the carrycot the day after ds1 was born so that he had something to come home to sleep in). Try calling the Guardian consumer people - the have a column on Thursdays in the G2 section and appear to have a) influence and b) a good success rate. There is a similar column in the money section of the Observer on Sundays. Good luck!

Twiga Fri 19-Aug-05 08:00:45

Hi Hannahsaunt! How is it going down under? Def getting to the point where we're thinking about hitting them with as much as we can, very fed up! Dh going to be back on the phone this morning once he's home from teaching at A&E around 9am ish. Not confident of a delivery now until next week - dh told them weds that today no good as he's startig nights and needs to sleep and I've got appts, who knows?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now