Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

AAARRGHHHHHHHH! Bloody ebay seller!

(11 Posts)
littlelamb Mon 15-Aug-05 13:05:33

I bought something from an ebay seller with good feedback last Wednesday and ever since I have been trying to contact him to ask who to make the cheque out to. There has been no reply, yet he has clearly been online, as he has listed loads of new stuff this morning. I did get an absolute bargain, so am I being too suspicious in thinking he doesn't want to let it go so cheaply so is ignoring me deliberately? Surely if there is no reserve he is not allowed to do that? Am I just being paranoid, or have I been had!?

bubblerock Mon 15-Aug-05 13:06:48

I can't imagine he would want to risk his feedback tbh - what's his username?

throckenholt Mon 15-Aug-05 13:07:42

go back to the original advert and click through on the send the seller a question bit - that should get through with and official looking email - might prompt an answer.

littlelamb Mon 15-Aug-05 13:15:11

His username is daveslotus. I have contacted through the ask seller a question link every day now. I know he may not like being pestered, but the way to stop me doing it is to reply!

HellyBelly Mon 15-Aug-05 13:16:14

I once had this with an ebay shop and it turned out to be a technical email problem. They had a website and when I contacted them via that, they really apologised and said they didn't know there was a problem with the email address.

I agree, most don't want to risk feedback!

Hope it sorts itself out!

bubblerock Mon 15-Aug-05 13:47:19

Just had a look littlelamb - his feedback isn't that great and most mention his lack of communication, he's also left neg feedback for people because of this. I hope he answers soon for you!

throckenholt Mon 15-Aug-05 13:50:04

try reporting him to ebay as a non-responding seller.

QueenOfQuotes Mon 15-Aug-05 13:59:25

Bubble - am I looking at the right person - most of his feedback seems to be pretty decent to me [confused]

FeelingOld Mon 15-Aug-05 14:02:18

When you checkout at the end doesn't it give you a name and address where to send the cheque to ?

bubblerock Mon 15-Aug-05 14:06:43

Other feedback includes-

*seller never contacted us so we could not pay for the pushchair

Great pram but very poor communication, waited in 3 seperate days before it came*

QueenOfQuotes Mon 15-Aug-05 14:10:49

Yes there's two oh didn't see those - but the majority are good feedback...

On a similar theme (me being the seller this time) I still don't know if a mini disc player I sent 2 months ago has arrived - they've left me no feedback, and haven't answered any of my emails either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now