Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can you think of a way around this one?

(19 Posts)
rickman Fri 12-Aug-05 19:51:19

Message withdrawn

kid Fri 12-Aug-05 19:53:48

Have you been to the bank to speak to them yourself?
I don't know about your situation but maybe the bank could speak to both of you and make a suggestion.

Twiglett Fri 12-Aug-05 19:55:32

make him sell the house

if he can't afford the mortgage on his own there's no way your name is coming off those deeds ..


foxinsocks Fri 12-Aug-05 19:59:55

I don't know your story rickman but it sounds like you are a bit wary of your ex p.

If that's the case, I would not take your name off the deeds on his promise to give you money because then you are left with no legal stake in the house.

foxinsocks Fri 12-Aug-05 20:00:44

I mean you are left with nothing if you take your name off the deeds and then he decides not to give you the money.

LIZS Fri 12-Aug-05 20:02:27

Think if he can't take out a new mortgage for the full value and buy you out, he'll have to sell up and find somewhere cheaper or borrow the difference from elsewhere. Don't sign anything until it is agreed though.

rickman Fri 12-Aug-05 20:04:28

Message withdrawn

kid Fri 12-Aug-05 20:04:43

How about, he gives you the money and then you sign the house over?

If he isn't willing to do that, then let him come up with another plan!

(I'm assuming you don't fully trust him as someone else mentioned that. I wouldn't sign anything without having the money first).

Twiglett Fri 12-Aug-05 20:05:33

but the bank has said they won't take your name off the mortgage haven't they?

that infers a financial liability (if DH stops paying)

foxinsocks Fri 12-Aug-05 20:06:37

that all sounds like a nightmare

If I was in your position, I would try and get him to agree to sell the house so that you could get your fair share. Would that work out financially for you?

If he can't get a mortgage, apart from selling the house, I can't see what you could do (that would be to your benefit).

rickman Fri 12-Aug-05 20:06:39

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Fri 12-Aug-05 20:06:42

F*(£ him, Rickman. He's given you enough trouble. Make him sell up.

rickman Fri 12-Aug-05 20:09:27

Message withdrawn

foxinsocks Fri 12-Aug-05 20:16:13

have you got a lot of equity in the house?

if you are absolutely desparate and he is dragging his feet and refusing to sell, you can take money out on your mortgage. I WOULD NOT recommend this in most cases, but if you have a lot of equity in the house then you are basically taking a bit of your share in advance (if you see what I mean).

Selling the house is definitely the best option though.

expatinscotland Fri 12-Aug-05 20:20:09

'It's my fault'

Does he still think that lot of abusive bllcks is gonna work on you? T"£t!

MrsGordonRamsay Fri 12-Aug-05 20:22:51

Rickmans EX talking

MrsGordonRamsay Fri 12-Aug-05 21:39:45

Oh come on Rickman

This is for you

rickman Fri 12-Aug-05 22:37:56

Message withdrawn

Orinoco Thu 18-Aug-05 22:48:37

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: