Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How can I find out if a director has other directorships and if so which companies

(19 Posts)
jampots Fri 12-Aug-05 18:19:32

Basically thats it. I need to find 2 other companies a particular director is associated with

spacedonkey Fri 12-Aug-05 18:21:49

I think you can do this on the Companies House website

harpsichordcarrier Fri 12-Aug-05 18:23:44

Companies House website companieshouse.gov.uk
there might be a charge, can't quite remember

jampots Fri 12-Aug-05 18:26:26

i know the director but dont know the companies. Which tool do i use?

spacedonkey Fri 12-Aug-05 18:28:02

mmm - as far as I can see you can only search on company name or number. There is a disqualified directors database you can search, if that's any use?

jampots Fri 12-Aug-05 18:28:51

nope - not disqualified either. oh poo!

spacedonkey Fri 12-Aug-05 18:30:40

tbh it doesn't look as though they list directors when you search. I think you would have to pay for that info

spacedonkey Fri 12-Aug-05 18:31:41

sorry if this is stupidly obvious, but have you tried googling on his/her name? Might throw up some info?

jampots Fri 12-Aug-05 18:38:25

yes i have SD - no good

harpsichordcarrier Fri 12-Aug-05 19:15:59

you can def search companies house by director, maybe you need to call them, but yep there may be a charge

MrsGordonRamsay Fri 12-Aug-05 19:21:21

DTI

have/had a servce where you faxed them a name and some details and they came back with information.

Haven't used it for years, not sure it still exists

JulieF Sun 14-Aug-05 00:26:36

We have a credit search programme at work that does this. If you CAT me the details of the company you know he is involved with and his name I can search for any other directorships he holds.

We do have to pay for this service but we pay an annual charge for unlimited searches.

jampots Sun 14-Aug-05 00:27:17

julie - you are fab thanks

let me know what i owe you!

jampots Sun 14-Aug-05 00:28:14

actually would that flag up on a credit search? or is it in breach of data protection??

SueW Sun 14-Aug-05 00:29:51

I think 192.com might help. They will throw out whatever info they have on a person including a 'Director Report'. You'll have to register and buy some credits to get access to that.

QueenOfQuotes Sun 14-Aug-05 00:31:44

It she's using Credit Safe them I think it only flags up on the credit report if you select a certain option (IIRC).

Shouldn't be in breech of data protection as anyone (who wants to pay) can get hold of the information.

JulieF Sun 14-Aug-05 16:57:31

You don't owe me anything. Work pay for a disc to be sent out weekly with all the info on. I won't name the company we use as we are not supposed to pass inbfo on, not becasue of data protection but becasue the credit check company would go out of business if only 1 person bought the product then gave everyone else the info.

Basically you put in the name of the company and it brings up a list of all the directors. You then click on the directors name and it gives you a list of any other company he is also a director of.

jampots Sun 14-Aug-05 17:07:07

ah you are a star Julie - will CAT you!

JulieF Wed 17-Aug-05 20:05:37

I've not had a CAT from you yet. If you still want me to find this out my email is julief @ netmums dot com . Its probably best to email me direct as I'm leaving mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: