Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Unauthorised debit card charge

(8 Posts)
nutcracker Fri 05-Aug-05 07:58:10

Just checked Dp's account online and he has been charged £30 for the above.

Have never heard of it before, what do they mean ??

MrsGordonRamsay Fri 05-Aug-05 07:59:30

Did he go over his limit without seeking an overdraft facility ?

nutcracker Fri 05-Aug-05 08:01:18

He did go over his overdraft limit yeah but that was because they took a payment of £30 for an unpaid DD out.

This sounds more like they have charged him for using his crad when he shouldn't have, whichhe hasn't as far as i can see.

MrsGordonRamsay Fri 05-Aug-05 08:04:17

Sounds like it, tell him to get on to them this morning.

Is his credit normally good ??

nutcracker Fri 05-Aug-05 08:05:58

No his credit is awful all of the time.

I am just annoyed because for once we weren't having a dire month and I was gettng stressed and now we are £30 down and no idea why.

I'll have to leave him a note telling him to ring them cos i'll be out when he gets back.

MrsGordonRamsay Fri 05-Aug-05 08:07:51

I was going to suggest he created merry hell and got the charge rescinded, but I doubt if they will, sorry.

nutcracker Fri 05-Aug-05 08:13:38

No I don't think they will either.

I wish they would put an explanation of charges on their website.

eefs Fri 05-Aug-05 09:40:53

they may do if he is very polite about it and explains that this has left you in a very awkward position this month. You can but try, best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now