Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

HELP!!!!! IT'S ALL GOING TERRIBLY PEAR SHAPED ARRRGH!

(12 Posts)
vicdubya Tue 02-Aug-05 12:16:38

Supposed to be completing on house purchase today.

Went to the bank at 9.30 yesterday morning to do a same day electronic transfer of funds. Found out mid morning this morning that they have completely f###d up, it hasn't gone anywhere and the money is still in my account.

Solicitors going ape and from what I understand we might end up paying loads of money if we don't complete today. Is that right?

I don't suppose we will be entitled to any compensation from the bank.

Arrrghhhhhhhh!

Also just phoned DH for moral support & he is interviewing someone and won't be free for another hour.

Arrrrghhhhhhhh!

DS is meanwhile wrecking the house.

Arrrrghhhhhhhh!

I need suggestions on how to chill out that do not involve alcohol or cigarettes please! Right now could do both inlarge quantities.

Kayleigh Tue 02-Aug-05 12:17:36

Deep breath ...............

Kayleigh Tue 02-Aug-05 12:17:56

...............and another

Kayleigh Tue 02-Aug-05 12:19:01

Any help ? Probably not. Have no advice at all just trying to keep you calm.

Tell me to pi** off if I'm making things worse

lydz Tue 02-Aug-05 13:14:53

Any explanation from the bank for what's gone wrong? Are they transferring the money today? These last minute problems aren't exactly uncommon in conveyancing so don't despair yet. If you do incur extra costs you should have a good case for compensation as long as it was the bank's fault, I would think (although IANAL so what do I know )

Twiglett Tue 02-Aug-05 13:15:49

what have bank said about moving the money now?

compo Tue 02-Aug-05 13:16:18

agree with lydz. You will be able to complain and hopfelly recoup any costs incurred

vicdubya Tue 02-Aug-05 13:46:03

Hi all, thanks for your replies - after numerous phone calls, just went to my local branch to try & sort things out, hopefully now the money is on it's way, but doubt we will complete today and so our poor vendor will probably be after our blood!

The bank have accepted it was their fault (verbally, at any rate) & suggested we can claim compensation if we get charged.

Luckily for us we were not due to move today, we are living in a rented house so we are moving on Friday.

I feel really awful for our poor vendor. She was really nice. And she's not moving far away so will probably be bumping in to her in Tescos next week

Kayleigh thanks for the breathing exercises, have found some chocolate covered macaroons in the cupboard, so feeling calmer already!

BareFootAngel Tue 02-Aug-05 13:48:24

there was i to say the best thing for stress was chocy maccaroons and you beat me to it!! [[[hugs]]

vicdubya Tue 02-Aug-05 13:55:05

Thanks BFA! Can't eat them all tho cos got some friends coming over later for farewell cup of tea.

I am feeling so emotional anyway atm, I am saying goodbye to all my friends today / tomorrow, don't need this stress!

Ds has gone for his nap now tho so can chill on here for a bit [watery smile]

Kayleigh Tue 02-Aug-05 22:25:51

Hope the move goes ok vicdubya. And remember ... keep breathing

BareFootAngel Wed 03-Aug-05 07:11:30

just a quick goodluckin case you still havent unplugged your pc take care and may happiness move in with you.xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now