Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits while abroad

(4 Posts)
purpleturtle Tue 26-Jul-05 14:33:14

Do any of you know what happens about tax credits when you stop working, voluntarily, and go off to Australia for 3 months?

lemonice Tue 26-Jul-05 14:35:50

I imagine you would stop receiving them, as they depend on you working in the UK?

purpleturtle Tue 26-Jul-05 14:38:07

I expect they'll stop too - I've got a bit confused since they took the 'working' bit out of family tax credit!

purpleturtle Tue 26-Jul-05 14:38:47

And of course, until it actually happens the helpline is pretty useless, because they can't deal wtih anything until it actually happens.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: