Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

urgent advice re finances when splitting up.

(5 Posts)
Donbean Wed 20-Jul-05 16:37:31

I need advice and would be very grateful for your help.
Can any one link me to any helpful web sites outlining or detailing the legalities of splitting up, children involved and a mortgage.
I dont know where to start so need to start from scratch.
CAB were worse than useless.

Bugsy2 Wed 20-Jul-05 16:46:37

donbean, the "Which Guide to Divorce" is very helpful.
If it is a divorce, then you will both need to list every speck of money you have, savings, pensions, valuable items etc and then you have to list all the debt, mortgage, credit cards, loans etc and then you each have to work out your monthly expenditure and you have to come to an agreement. Can do this on your own, with help from a mediator, through solicitors or as a FDR (financial dispute resolution) through the family courts.
Big hugs to you.

ninah Wed 20-Jul-05 16:47:18

yes, sorry Donbean

Donbean Wed 20-Jul-05 16:56:57

Not for me i should add but thanks for the hugs because it is all so very very upsetting as a by stander.

Catsmother Thu 21-Jul-05 14:13:15

ondivorce

This site is pretty useful .... not least for its message boards where you can post details of your predicament and others who've been through same/similar can offer the benefit of their own experiences.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now