Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MORTGAGE HELP PLEASE - Anyone know anything about Self Certing???

(6 Posts)
HellyBelly Thu 14-Jul-05 17:55:46

Looks like this is the only way we could get a mortgage at the moment as I'm a newly registered childminder so even though the money is coming in, they can't account for it until I have 1 - 3 years of accounts to show (so I've been told!)

I've been advised to self-cert. Anyone know anything about this?

ANY ADVICE at all would be great!

Thanks

Kittypickle Thu 14-Jul-05 18:01:35

Get yourself a good mortgage broker so they can get you a good deal, you might have to pay a couple of hundred pounds (not all charge) but you will potentially save as they have access to deals that aren't always advertised. If you have more than 25% equity I believe that a mainstream high street lender will generally do it. We've just in the process of doing this with the Halifax, no legal fees or valuation, 500 arrangement fee, 4.79% fixed for 2 years.

HellyBelly Thu 14-Jul-05 18:29:10

Thanks kittypickle, we're with the Halifax at the mo which was a good deal through our financial adviser at the time. We've had our FA in the family for years but I've been getting fed up of waiting for a reply from him so thought I'd come to good old MN for help!

I reckon we'll go ahead but I'm waiting for a quote from him. Problem we have aswell is that we're currently in shared ownership house so our mortgage is only £62k (very low for Reading). We want to move to 3 bed (non shared ownership) house and therefore it's a big jump.

All I want from my FA is a rough idea of how much of a mortgage we could get for say payments of £1000 a month!!!

So fed up waiting for a reply!

Willow2 Thu 14-Jul-05 18:39:03

Nationwide just asked us to make a declaration of earnings and did a credit check to make sure that we weren't heavily in debt. Might be worth giving them a try.

noddyholder Thu 14-Jul-05 18:39:25

The Chelsea BS do one that is quite reasonable

Kittypickle Thu 14-Jul-05 18:59:30

Have a play around with one of the mortgage calculators, http://mortgages.charcolonline.co.uk/Default.aspx have one I think. Then you should get an idea of what you are looking at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now