Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

HELP TAX CREDITS DILLEMA!!!!!!!!!!

(5 Posts)
sostressed Thu 14-Jul-05 09:55:52

Shite I need help despertley.

Dh and I split a good few weeks ago, never updated tax credits as this was the last thing on my mind.

We only got CTC so no real need to panic.

Called them today to update my details as now I will be the only parent with my 3 kids. They said that we need to close down the joint one- fair enough and RE CLAIM again for me and the kids!!!!!!

This could take weeks and I explained this is my only income at the moment until pay day at the end of the month so really would be up sh1te creek.

How long please does it normally take to sort out the claim?? Is it quicker over the internet or by post??

PLease help i am a wreck and really dont need to have this too.

vickiyumyum Thu 14-Jul-05 09:57:10

i thought that they could do it over the phone and then send the forms out to you for confirmation. so they started it staright away???

lilaclotus Thu 14-Jul-05 09:59:10

i rang last week to update details and got money this week. i don't know whether a full re claim would take longer.

sostressed Thu 14-Jul-05 11:25:03

they said it will need to be a brand new claim from the beginning!!!!!!!!

Just worried it will take weeks/months to sort out

Aimsmum Thu 14-Jul-05 11:28:58

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now