Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I haaate my credit card!!

(5 Posts)
TinyGang Fri 08-Jul-05 11:26:46

This makes me so mad!!

WHY does my credit card have a pay by date on the statement? It is utterly meaningless.

For example, this month mine says to pay it by 17th. BUT they need 5 working days to do it, and even more days in advance if you count weekends and if you don't then you get a whacking great late payment fee. I've paid it by phone first thing today, but apparantly nothing will happen until monday! Thankfully I just squeeze into the timescale - it needs 9 days to clear then! WTF!!

I just do not understand why in this era of computers and super fast communication they appear to be stuck in the 19th century in terms of getting their act together. God knows we pay enough to use the damn things!

My card, Alliance and Leicester, are also the crowd that I bank with - it's just a simple transfer of money between two differnet accounts for the same person! Why does it take so long to clear?? Even going into the branch and handing over the cash doesn't speed the process up one iota.

Pointless fuming I know, but fuming anyway!

starlover Fri 08-Jul-05 11:30:42

bank with smile!
i can transfer money online and it happens immediately between my accounts. (still takes 4 days if i am transferring to a different lender though)

QueenOfQuotes Fri 08-Jul-05 11:33:05

Dh has been caught out with that too - his current account and credit card are with the same bank - but it still takes days for the money to get from one place to another.

Its the same with money transfers - there is aboslutely no reason why it should take x number of days to transfer money from one account to another (even if it's different banks) but it does/

starlover Fri 08-Jul-05 11:34:00

well you should BOTH move to smile then! in fact, i can forward you an e-mail and if you open an account and get your salary paid into it then you get £25!!! (and so do i! )

QueenOfQuotes Fri 08-Jul-05 11:35:29

Salary - what's that LOL don't have one in this house at the moment.

Also seem to recall in the not too distant past DH applied for a smile credit card and was turned down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now