Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Grrrrrr! Whistles sale rant!

(8 Posts)
Carla Fri 01-Jul-05 06:24:07

After uming and ahing I bought a skirt in Whistles on Monday for £120. The very next day I went in again with a friend and it had been reduced to £80

I'm so cross that I'm going to take it back. My question to MNers is, even if they issue me with a credit note, would it be for the price I originally paid for it or the new reduced sale price?

Any thoughts would be appreciated ..... TIA

Freckle Fri 01-Jul-05 07:03:37

Bear in mind that, unless there is a fault with the skirt, they are under no obligation to give you a refund, even a credit note. If they do refund your money, then they should refund the price you paid, not the current price.

Fran1 Fri 01-Jul-05 07:14:03

So long as you have the receipt the will refund the price you paid.

Pruni Fri 01-Jul-05 07:55:09

Message withdrawn

vickiyumyum Fri 01-Jul-05 08:50:19

i did this in house of fraser. i had brought some dkny tops and a tedbaker skirt and then saw the sale advertised for the next day, so i made sure that i didn't wear it and kept the receipt and took them back. they were a bit funny with me when i said i wanted to return them and then buy them again at the sale price, but agreed to do it in the end.
so i'm sure that if you still have your receipt and haven't worn the skirt then there won't be a problem in getting a refund for the whole amount and then buying the skirt at the reduced price.

Carla Sat 02-Jul-05 22:09:59

Scumbags gave me a credit note . Didn't have the gall to buy it back again

ssd Sun 03-Jul-05 21:01:39

Carla, the staff in the shop would be following their company policy, not doing it to annoy you.
They're only doing their job.

SoupDragon Mon 04-Jul-05 07:59:58

Go back today and buy it.

Sadly, a credit note was all you were entitled to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now