Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.


(3 Posts)
lilaclotus Thu 30-Jun-05 11:18:35

got our tax credit award today and they say we've been overpaid by £800. we will not be getting any more tax credits, which doesn't make sense as our circumstances didn't change and dh's pay didn't go up much. dh and i were in tears as we rely on this money and we might not be able to have another child now.
is there anything we can do? would citizen's advice be able to help us figure this out?

bonniej Thu 30-Jun-05 11:28:22

they do often get things wrong. We received a letter saying we'd been overpaid by over £1000 but it turned out to be an error with their systems. They actually told me the system has been making errors on many cases so it's definately worth getting them to double check. Also you check the figures they've stated against payslips/p60's etc. good luck

expatinscotland Thu 30-Jun-05 11:30:32

I agree with Bonnie! You are not alone. This has happened to MANY families. Did you save copies of your P60s and the annual review application you filled out? Check against those. See your advice burea. You can appeal these things!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: