Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Pls help if you can...

(7 Posts)
ebbie22 Tue 28-Jun-05 11:03:58

My friend is in arrears with her morgage company and it went to court,had to pay bk so much each week on top of her monthly morgage to help clear the debt....
All was fine until they were a couple of days late paying...They got a letter fri telling them to pay the outstanding debt or face being reproccesed,to be paid within weeks.......
Has anyone got any advice at all,they are going to cab soon,but i just want to help them out and to give them all the options{hopefully with thanks to you guys)....

ebbie22 Tue 28-Jun-05 12:14:55

anyone?

Mum2girls Tue 28-Jun-05 12:18:12

Have they spoken to the mortgage lender?

Tortington Tue 28-Jun-05 13:26:15

if they miss a payment then they have broken the original agreement so must phone and sort out another agreement

ebbie22 Tue 28-Jun-05 15:36:46

Sorry been enjoying the sun with dd...
As far as i know,they have spoken to there morgage company and have been told they have to pay the arraers anytime between now and 6 wks{i think]
They went to cab this afternoon but as yet dont know what was said....
I think they cant get a laon for the amount due to poor credit rating..

ebbie22 Tue 28-Jun-05 15:52:13

Also they didnt miss a payment it was just 2 days late....Is that classed as missed?

Tortington Wed 29-Jun-05 21:01:10

i am not a financial expert - but i think it may be considered as breaking the agreement becuase it was late. they need to phone and make a new agreement to pay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now