Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Life and Critical Illness, Buildings and Contents and Mortgage Protection Insurances.............

(7 Posts)
QueenOfQuotes Fri 24-Jun-05 12:19:07

who would you recommend????

Just had my SIL on the phone and she was asking me if I had any ideas - unfortunately it's DH who does 'that' side of things in this house so haven't got a clue.

They're foreigners, been in the country nearly 5yrs now (I know some companies need you to have been here x number of years) and are looking to buy a house - so she wants the best deals.

Who are you with?

TracyK Fri 24-Jun-05 12:25:13

we just had ours linked to our endownment - CGU. Maybe she should surf on moneysavingexpert.com

QueenOfQuotes Fri 24-Jun-05 12:29:10

she's already done that - but is now more confused than ever - it's all the 'small print' that she's most concerned about - which ones give you best cover etc etc

And she'd like some 'personal' recommendations

geranium Fri 24-Jun-05 13:19:34

I asked this question a few months ago on here for buildings and contents insurance and several MNers recommended Liverpool and Victoria.

janinlondon Fri 24-Jun-05 13:20:12

We have decided against Mortgage Protection insurance (it doesn't protect you - it protects the mortgage company!), and also critical illness, as the list of things it wouldn't cover is pretty extensive and if you're self employed there seem to be other ramifications too. But for buildings and contents insurance (we are in London) we found it hard to beat Frizell (Liverpool and Victoria in disguise).

horseshoe Fri 24-Jun-05 13:31:19

I would call an independent financial advisor, All fees incorporated into premiums and you get some excellent deals.

I do everything through mine

batters Fri 24-Jun-05 13:43:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: