Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Not returning to work, NI & Tax etc

(3 Posts)
struts50 Mon 20-Jun-05 13:56:19

I am not planning on returning to work after my maternity pay finishes as it won't be worth it financially, do I still need to pay tax, NI etc to keep my pension up to date etc? Do I need to inform the job centre - they are paying maternity allowance till next month as I changed jobs bafore I found out I was pg.

serenity Mon 20-Jun-05 14:19:58

As far as I'm aware whoever recieves CB has NI contributions paid on their behalf to protect their pension, at least I'm pretty sure that's what it says on the leaflet you get when you register. If for some reason you do fall short they do contact you to tell you so you can opt to make it up.

There's probably someone around though who'll know more definitely, keep bumping the thread

SaintGeorge Mon 20-Jun-05 16:49:43

Yes thats right - the person claiming Child Benefit will get HRP - Home Responsibility Protection.

Which is a nice reminder for me to get CB changed from DH's name to mine since we swopped from SAHD to SAHM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now